Reviews (1-2 of 2)
- Cloud Agnostic
- Simple to Use
- Simplistic UI
- Easy to Operate and Scale
- Setting up is a bit of a hassle, especially ZooKeeper state management and mesos and marathon quorum.
- Occasionally, I observed some failures when deploying something onto Marathon. Logging or detailed error reporting can help.
- Stale containers and inconsistent states resultant of the cluster failure are hard to solve and need a complete system restart to get it back to normal state.
- Deploying mesosphere and friends (e.g. marathon)
- Deploying applications (e.g. Cassandra, Jenkins, Spark) on to mesosphere
- Providing value add components such as velocity, and marathon-lb
- There isn't any specific support for upgrading (DCOS) when running in AWS. You basically have to create a new vpc and figure out how to get all your Marathon jobs from the old instance to the new instance. I think some kind of a backup/restore operation against Marathon could be helpful there.
- Occasionally, I will experience silent failures when deploying something onto Marathon. I think an easier way to track down failures would be helpful.
- There are some features that are reserved for the licensed enterprise offering, but in some cases, I think the feature (e.g. security) is fundamental, and it may lead to the tech being avoided because it doesn't have enough momentum to get the customer hooked. I would like to see more features provided with the open-source version and reserve licensing for support.
D2iQ Mesosphere Scorecard Summary
About D2iQ Mesosphere
D2iQ (formerly Mesosphere) still supports the Mesosphere solution, which is designed for operations at a very large scale. It's powered by DC/OS, a production-proven cloud native platform that runs containers and data services on the same infrastructure.
D2iQ rebranded to reflect their change and broadening of focus towards Kubernetes but other services such as Cassandra, Kafka, and Spark. D2iQ also now offers IT professional services in tandem with its products.
D2iQ Mesosphere Technical Details