IT Professional Services Overview
What are IT Professional Services?IT professional services is a very broad category which covers the provision of specialized technology-related services to companies, allowing customers to focus on core business concerns. In the IT realm, professional services can range from providing expert advice to hand-on activities like implementing software in a customer's data center or in the cloud.
Traditionally, these services were charged at an hourly rate. However, increasingly professional services are being offered with a fixed price, or even a using the subscription model.
Typical sub-categories covered by the professional services name are:
- Consulting and Advisory Services: Consulting and advisory services are offered by consulting firms and are focused providing technology strategy, regulatory and compliance issues, IT risk management and controls, sourcing advice, and cost optimization. They also sometimes offer advice regarding new technology selection.
- Product Implementation Services: Implementation services are hands-on services where the firm understands requirements to meet business goals, building an implementation plan software installation and configuration, customization, testing, system integrations with existing software systems, user training, and perhaps maintenance.
- Data Analytics / BI Services: Data analytics services are focused on extracting maximum value from corporate data and amy involve recommendation of business intelligence tools.
- Custom Development Services: Custom development services provide for the creation of software applications for specific groups of users. This kind of software contrasts with off-the-shelf software which is designed to meet the needs of many users. Custom development service providers have skilled developers on-staff who are capable of understanding sometimes complex requirements, and building software to meet precise business requirements for clients.
- Managed Services: Managed service providers assume responsibility for the successful running of software or the provision of services on behalf of the client in an outsourcing arrangement. Managed services typically involve around the clock monitoring and management of software and infrastructure to ensue that service level agreements are met. Managed services can cover any aspect of a client's IT infrastructure. For example, managed security services are often purchased by companies if they do not have internal resources with the skill set or the time to protect systems against malware or data theft.
- Resellers / VARs : Resellers provide an additional sales channel for a company's products, apart from their own sales team. This can be a very useful way of enter new, perhaps international, markets. Although resellers are finding buyers for a company's products, they generally do not take inventory of those products, unlike distributors who do take an inventory position. VARs are resellers who adds features or services to an product before selling it to end-users as an integrated product.
Sovereign Systems is a specialized consulting firm that helps transform legacy data center technologies and applications into ultra-efficient, cloud-based platforms that better address business challenges. The company’s unique methodology is delivered through strong business and technical acumen co…
Accenture provides services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Accenture is a global company with expertise in many different industries and business functions.
D2iQ (formerly Mesosphere) still supports the Mesosphere solution, which is designed for operations at a very large scale. It's powered by DC/OS, a production-proven cloud native platform that runs containers and data services on the same infrastructure. D2iQ rebranded to reflect their change and b…
Softchoice is a solutions and managed service provider based in Toronto. They offer advisory, managed services and product implementation services.
Ingram Micro is a global technology consultancy providing a full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services.
Acumen Solutions Sales Forecasting is a sales forecasting and analytics software solution offered by Acumen Solutions.
DXC Technologies provides their testing as a service suite of services, based on the former CloudLab test-as-a-service services from CSC, which now combines infrastructural support as well as test advisory services as desired.
Birlasoft is a global IT Consulting firm based in India.
Deloitte Consulting is a global IT consulting firm with expertise across a wide range of technologies and domains.
Appirio is a Wipro company and delivers consulting and implementation services to global clients. The company specializes in Salesforce, Google Apps, Workday, Cornerstone OnDemand, Force.com, cloud consulting services, cloud application development, cloud integration, and mobile and social strategy.
Pierce Washington is a consulting firm focused on eCommerce initiatives, especially Oracle CPQ, eCommerce, CPQ, and ERP integration.
Aarin is data management and analytics company specializing in providing software and services solutions for digital transformations.
Analytics8 is a data-focused service provider offering data and analytics consulting services, with a focus on a broad range of Business Intelligence technology solutions.
BI Brainz is a global business intelligence and analytics consulting consulting and implementation headquartered in Atlanta, GA. BI Brainz uses a proprietary formula The company uses a consulting practice focused on visual storytelling.
Cervello is a data management and business intelligence/analytics service provider offering advisory and consulting services, system implementation, data management, cloud integration, custom application development, and managed services.
CloudBase is a digital transformation service provider offering technology consulting, and software implementation services.
Convergence Consulting Group is a consulting and solution implementation firm specializing in Business Intelligence solutions, broadly defined to include: data governance, predictive analytics, user-defined alerts, data mining, what-if analysis, and visual dashboards.
Copperstone Connect is a Business Intelligence and Analytics solution provider and is a Birst provider providing consulting and implementation services.
Data Best Practices is an IT consulting company focused on promoting data quality, data usage and increasing the value of data.
Eigen X is an IT service provider specializing in Cloud-based Analytics (Birst, Tableau, Microstrategy, SAP Hana, other), Agile development, Customer Relationship Management and social media (Salesforce.com, Veeva, MS CRM).
Groundswell Group is an IT consulting firm with offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Seattle. The company specializes in enterprise integration, and business intelligence and analytics. The company is also skilled at change management, enterprise service bus, service-oriented architecture, b…
iOLAP's Enterprise Voice Platform (EVP) offering is designed to transform the business user experience. With this offering, the vendor aims to bring new innovative technology and analytical capabilities to their clients to unlock the value of their data. The vendor says they offer a flexible, lean,…
iOLAP’s Application Managed Services is designed to liberate an organization's resources from activities that don’t directly contribute to the bottom line, while still obtaining the highest performance from their critical data technology investments.According to the vendor, business benefits include…
iOLAP’s Big Data Architect Solutions are designed to support big data architectures that are on premise, in the cloud, as well as hybrid configurations. The vendor’s value proposition is that they offer depth and breadth of experience across the technology universe, thus offering practical, technolo…