IT Professional Services
AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together cloud infrastructure, intelligent operations, and modern applications, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation. AHEAD was founded in 2007 and in 2019 merged with Sovereign Systems, and…
D2iQ (formerly Mesosphere) still supports the Mesosphere solution, which is designed for operations at a very large scale. It's powered by DC/OS, a production-proven cloud native platform that runs containers and data services on the same infrastructure. D2iQ rebranded to reflect…
iOLAP’s Big Data Architect Solutions are designed to support big data architectures that are on premise, in the cloud, as well as hybrid configurations. The vendor’s value proposition is that they offer depth and breadth of experience across the technology universe, thus offering…
BGSF, including the former EdgeRock Technology Partners which BGSF acquired in February 2020) provides full-lifecycle project delivery services including advisory, implementation and managed services. The firm boasts expertise in enterprise ERP systems, content management, and cloud…
WHO WE ARE NCC is a network of connected, young and passionate software engineers. Our firm is based in Hanoi, Vietnam and was founded by 4 experienced and enthusiastic software engineers in 2014-09-01. We are a young, small start-up. We build everything around "People". We are agile…
Sirius Computer Solutions offers a wide range of IT professional services, including infrastructure design and implementation, security testing and consulting, cloud migration and related consulting, as well as financial services. In addition to these services Sirius also provides…
According to the vendor, Rahi Systems, is dedicated to helping our customers leverage best-of-breed technologies to execute their business strategy. We are uniquely capable of combining data center, IT and audio/video solutions to create an integrated environment that drives efficiencies,…
Intrust IT aims to provide the best IT support and Cyber Security services for the entire Cincinnati area. They assume care for technology, so users can experience a more productive and less stressful IT environment for their businesses.Intrust IT - Local. Strategic. Expert IT Support.…
INEXTURE was established in 2014, with a vision to cater something exclusive to clients with cutting-edge technologies. The vendor states they achieve the target since inception with hard work, transparency, honesty and best work ethics. Inexture provides its customers with web…
What are IT Professional Services?IT professional services is a very broad category which covers the provision of specialized technology-related services to companies, allowing customers to focus on core business concerns. In the IT realm, professional services can range from providing expert advice to hands-on activities like implementing software in a customer's data center or in the cloud.
Traditionally, these services were charged at an hourly rate. However, increasingly professional services are being offered with a fixed price, or even a using the subscription model.
Typical sub-categories covered by the professional services name are:
- Consulting and Advisory Services: Consulting and advisory services are offered by consulting firms and are focused on providing technology strategy, regulatory and compliance issues, IT risk management and controls, sourcing advice, and cost optimization. They also sometimes offer advice regarding new technology selection.
- Product Implementation Services: Implementation services are hands-on services where the firm understands requirements to meet business goals, building an implementation plan software installation and configuration, customization, testing, system integrations with existing software systems, user training, and perhaps maintenance.
- Data Analytics / BI Services: Data analytics services are focused on extracting maximum value from corporate data and may involve recommendations of business intelligence tools.
- Custom Development Services: Custom development services provide for the creation of software applications for specific groups of users. This kind of software contrasts with off-the-shelf software which is designed to meet the needs of many users. Custom development service providers have skilled developers on-staff who are capable of understanding sometimes complex requirements, and building software to meet precise business requirements for clients.
- Managed Services: Managed service providers assume responsibility for the successful running of software or the provision of services on behalf of the client in an outsourcing arrangement. Managed services typically involve around the clock monitoring and management of software and infrastructure to ensure that service level agreements are met. Managed services can cover any aspect of a client's IT infrastructure. For example, managed security services are often purchased by companies if they do not have internal resources with the skill set or the time to protect systems against malware or data theft.
- Resellers / VARs : Resellers provide an additional sales channel for a company's products, apart from their own sales team. This can be a very useful way of entering new, perhaps international, markets. Although resellers are finding buyers for a company's products, they generally do not take inventory of those products, unlike distributors who do take an inventory position. VARs are resellers who add features or services to a product before selling it to end-users as an integrated product.
IT Professional Services Features & Capabilities
The following services and features are offered by most IT professional services:
Hands on training
Software and hardware implementation
IT Professional Services Comparison
When considering what IT professional services offering is right for your business, you should first consider all of your business's needs. If you are just looking for a company to manage one of your IT systems, you may be able to go with a cheaper option rather than one that also offers training and robust consultation options.
That said, which IT professional service choice is right for you will depend heavily on your specific business. Businesses should be sure to thoroughly vet every option that they consider.
IT Professional Services Pricing
IT professional services offer a wide range of services with varying levels of expertise. As a result, pricing is equally varied. Most charge an hourly rate, though businesses will have to work with vendors to determine the exact rate for any given project.