Read Ben Carter's full review
Pros and Cons
- Terraform makes cloud state management much easier than natives tools supplied with the service providers.
- If you opt for the business edition, you can get a private module registry. This allows for best practices modules to be distributed across the company and allows for more re-usability.
- The providers do a fantastic job staying up to date on the latest changes from the Cloud providers features updates. This makes taking advantage of the new features launched not a problem.
- The language itself is readable and has had upgrades recently to make it more powerful for repeatable patterns.
- The errors generated by the plan and preview commands are pretty cryptic, it can be hard for newcomers to the scripting language to understand how to address problems.
- Access controls around workspaces is limited which makes it harder to secure reduce the scope of teams ability.
- Analytics around user usage, applies and plans would be helpful for managemenet.