Reviews (1-13 of 13)
- Private groups
- Private discussions
- Document libraries
- CMS for websites could be more user-friendly.
- Can be hard to integrate in some instances.
- Integration with traditional social media outlets would be great.
- Easy to use - with just a few short informational handouts that we created in-house even our members who are less computer-savvy have been able to engage and connect on our site.
- This may seem a small detail, but when tracking through our pages of communities, the user has to manually scroll back to the top after navigating to the next page. This can be a little frustrating!
- Sometimes the load time can be slow.
- We've experienced more outages with the site than we thought we might. Our members and leadership get frustrated when this happens. They don't want a break in their communications!
- Higher Logic is responsive to help desk questions or addressing problems or situations we may not understand. It's great because we always have support.
- The platform is easy to explain to members how to use. They don't have to go through a lot of steps to get set up and are able to move around the platform quickly.
- The admin dashboard (which is already going to be changing). I think the new setup will be really beneficial for new staff members who may come on to assist with the community.
- Higher Logic product managers are probably some of the best in the industry. They know their products and aren't pushy in trying to sell them to you. Don't get me wrong, they do try to sell you a product, but they understand that not everyone who is tasked with learning more is also a decision maker. That doesn't stop them from being professional and thorough in their demonstrations or explanation of fees.
- Their technical support is top notch. Not only do they work to resolve issues, they also work with you to help you with non-issues. Our initial redesign was done by an agency that worked with HL directly to set up the new site. When I was tasked with a mini-redesign this year, HL technical support offered me a lot of insight on how to best do this using just my skills and HL.
- They offer training on their platforms to ensure your success as an administrator. There is no cost and you can either go to their onsite two days "boot camp" or you can access a plethora of training videos and webinars through their online users' community.
- They work with our AMS, but the version of our AMS isn't supported for all of their products which prevents me from using some of the products they offer that would make our organization's processes much easier to manage than they are today.
- Since they are a SaaS organization, each of their products is designed to work together. This is great. What isn't great is that they don't offer any kind of bundle pricing or combined billing. So each product is billed at its own rate, individually each year. This makes it hard for smaller and non-profit organizations to utilize a large number of their products because the cost can be steep in the long run and it's a billing nightmare since you might not get the invoices for all of the services at the same time (or in our case they might not be sent to the same person(s) for each invoice).
- Integrates well with various database systems as well as email messaging systems.
- Excellent support staff. They are professional and quick in their responses.
- Security is a plus for us. Higher Logic's individual communities on each site can be as public or secure as you need it to be.
- Additional reporting capabilities for the community admin. I know they are working on this piece so it will get there eventually.
- Organizing discussions and delivering them to members in customizable digests.
- Creating tools for managing a number of engagement opportunities with constituents.
- Addressing user needs and problems with their own online community.
- The ability to incorporate community elements/widgets into external websites needs improvement.
- While useful, digest emails need to be more configurable to meet company branding requirements and to make digests more visually appealing.
- The platform needs a tool that allows users to create pop-up chat rooms with select users. It could also benefit from the ability to create spontaneous video hangouts among groups of users--more synchronous community features.
- A user-friendly forum for members to ask questions and provide answers.
- A robust, searchable member directory for our members.
- Integration with our AMS (Aptify).
- A strong admin interface for managing the community, viewing usage stats and creating automated rules for messaging, process flows, etc.
- Top-notch customer service.
- A commitment to continually updating and enhancing their product.
- The UX for the document library needs to be improved.
- Ability to access Higher Logic through all platforms. Our members can access the Higher Logic community anywhere or using their preferred method of device.
- Continually updating software from user feedback. Higher Logic is continually updating their software product using their customers' suggestions. Not only do their updates reflect their users suggestions but it is done quickly, sometimes within hours.
- Customer support response time and intelligent employees. Higher Logic's support is fantastic. We have always received quick responses and Higher Logic's employees are intelligent and go above and beyond to resolve your support case.
- Higher Logic's own user community is very active and also provides great support and interesting ideas. The community members, themselves are creative thinkers so there are many avenues available to overcome obstacles, solve problems, or just get good ideas. Higher Logic employees are also very active on the user community website daily interacting with Higher Logic users in a positive and creative way.
- Reporting is copious but you cannot build your own reports so you may have lots of information in several different reports and have to pick and choose across several to combine manually. Exporting functionality is there but there are some reports that are only a screen shot and you cannot export them.
Do you integrate with our data base so that members can be automatically brought over?
Can you facilitate single sign on?
What level of IT support do I need to provide before and after the deployment of Higher Logic?
What is the largest and smallest number of users on your Higher Logic sites?
Do you provide ongoing technical support?
- Holding their annual conference for the users; the Higher Logic User Group Super Forum. It's a great way to meet some of the people you've interacted with online or over the phone and get to the bottom of problems you're having in a relatively short amount of time.
- The online community onboarding program has been particularly helpful for me so far, while a different use than is typical, I'm new to the platform and needed extensive training to learn about and improve our site.
- Utilizing automation rules to make me feel engaged in their HUG community and encourage my participation.
- The support ticketing system has an outrageous number of options that make it almost impossible to figure out what I'm supposed to input every time I experience an issue with the platform, which causes further frustration for fear of not knowing if you are sending your concern to the wrong place.
- When moving around pieces of information on an individual's profile it automatically moves that piece to the top of the section you are working in, leading to tedious reordering or demographic pieces.
- You have to copy/paste sections when trying to edit navigation of your pages instead of a simple, intuitive drag & drop. They claim to be changing this soon.
Not only does our connected community provide value and benefit to our members, it also benefits our association. We use the platform for community groups for our Board of Directors, volunteer groups, staff group, and expert panels to discuss and share with one another.
- Higher Logic listens to their clients needs and continually improves services and offering based on customer feedback to meet our needs.
- The support I receive is fast, accurate, and reliable.
- They are a great group of people with bright minds and creative ideas, and treat you like a friend who wants you to succeed.
- They really care about your success, and when you aren't completely satisfied, they do something about it.
- Some people are not as tech-savvy as Higher Logic staff and other clients, making it challenging to always keep pace with others.
2. Are your current members/clients using something less sophisticated, such as Facebook groups, to meet this need currently, or would you be introducing this as a brand new feature?
3. Are your members/clients shy/outgoing?
4. What is your budget and what elements might you be interested in? (App, mentoring program, discussion groups, etc.)
5. What is your client/member demographic?
- Customer support is reactive and communicates well.
- Sales team does a great job in providing opportunities to utilize more of their product offerings.
- R&D is always ahead of expectations.
- My only concern about the vendor is the speed at which they are growing.
- Great resourceful Community Management
- Volunteer Manager
- HUG - Community of all other Community Managers
- Functionality: Polling. Survey. Pin Communities (certain Communities vs others)
- Report enhancement on VM.
- Better Client Example library with up-to-date resources
- Having the chat support available more often
- Managing committees has been our main use for Higher Logic, you can organize materials easily and facilitate discussion between calls with ease as well.
- Automation rules are an addition to the system added over the past couple of years and they have helped a ton with the day to day communications with our membership, allowing us to get more specific information out to certain segments of our membership and only having to set the automation rule up once to benefit from it for as long as you need.
- Higher Logic is really good at keeping up with current technologies and trickling that down to their user experience. They strive to consistently improve their product.
- Because Higher Logic is on the cutting edge of keeping things current as a community manager it can be really hard to keep current on all their updates and releases.
Higher Logic Community Scorecard Summary
What is Higher Logic Community?
Higher Logic Community Screenshots
Higher Logic Community Videos (2)
Higher Logic Community Integrations
Higher Logic Community Competitors
Higher Logic Community Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Higher Logic Community Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||28%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||64%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||8%|
Higher Logic Community Support Options
Higher Logic Community Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|
|Supported Languages:||English, with self-translation available|