Microsoft Publisher

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft Publisher, and make your voice heard!

$139

On Premise
one time purchase

What is Microsoft Publisher?

Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing application available with an Office 365 subscription, or as a standalone download.

Microsoft Publisher Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows

What is Microsoft Publisher?

What is Microsoft Publisher's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.

Who uses Microsoft Publisher?

The most common users of Microsoft Publisher are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Education Management industry.

I use Microsodt Publisher to create quick signs or flyers. As a construction company, there is always something that we need to create quickly that is specific to one job or client. This program allows me to create and save templates that I can customize to each job, or I can start from scratch and put something together in minutes that looks professional for our client.
I use it for business cards, flyers, newsletters, and other lightweight desktop publishing projects. Microsoft Publisher is OK for quick and easy desktop publishing projects. It's useful because we have a lot of Microsoft Publisher boilerplate built up over the years so we can just take a previous project and repurpose it. When used that way it's time-efficient and cost-effective. It is not our first choice for new projects that demands detail and real creative energy.
Currently, Publisher is used only in my department. The company prefers Adobe Suite. I, however, prefer Publisher. It provides a much simpler interface that allows me to do all the things that the more expensive and complex Adobe In-Design can do. I use Publisher to produce a quarterly full-color magazine that has ranged from as few as 28 pages to as many as 56. The magazine is full of internal and external hyperlinks. In addition, I have just created a nearly 400 page quarterly planner with somewhere between 1500-2000 internal hyperlinks to various days and sections and pages within sections. I upload the pdf and use it on my Remarkable 2. Couldn't use it there without first designing it in Publisher. If there is some document that has a graphic, I will be working on it in Publisher. For me, Publisher is used for virtually all of my daily writing. If I use Word it is most often to create text that is then pulled into Publisher and laid out for the document I am creating. I could not do my day-to-day job without Publisher.
Amanda Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
There is access to Microsoft Publisher for every employee, but it is not used by everyone. I mainly used it to [create] invitations, certificates, or posters advertising events at the college. It was easy to use, had templates that made it easy to create whatever document I was trying to create. And once I had made, for example, one certificate it was easy to just change the information and use it again and again.
Rick Munger | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Microsoft Publisher for multiple purposes:
1) MS PowerPoint cannot do some of the artwork diagramming possible in MS Publisher, so we create the artwork in Publisher and copy it over to PowerPoint.
2) MS Publisher is used to create diagrams to be inserted into proposals created with MS Word
3) MS Publisher is used to create sales literature (flyers, brochures)
Matthew Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Right now, we use Microsoft Publisher, specifically in one department, which is the safety department. Every month we have meeting minutes recorded from our safety meeting and post the minutes on our website. I use Microsoft Publisher to edit the minutes into an eNewsletter to send out to all employees and make them aware of new safety action items