We went through an initiative to find a network and firewall modeling, compliance, and change management tool. RedSeal was one of the products evaluated. Testing looked at multiple tools and was focused on finding a tool that could support business operations and compliance. While RedSeal was not selected, it is a full-featured tool that covered most of our needs but lacked functionality required for next-generation firewall compliance and management.
- RedSeal is great for compliance
- RedSeal is a great tool for path investigation and risk analysis
- RedSeal has a great network model/map
- Next-generation firewall support
- Change management process integration
RedSeal is a great tool for audit and compliance. It can do configuration analysis, audit against "golden" configurations, and map a network with little user interaction. RedSeal is not great for an environment where a tool like this must be fully integrated into not only audit and compliance, but also into change management.