Reviews (1-1 of 1)
July 28, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
TippingPoint was managed by the compliance department and was being used across the whole organization as our primary IPS device.
- Tipping point had a very nice GUI interface that sat on top of snort rules. It was easy to access, had nice customization of dashboards and output to syslog for SIEM solutions.
- It was easy to configure rule sets, allow groups or singular allow/blocks or white-listing.
- Security rule sets could be tweaked up or down and allow/drops signatures could be configured to help increase performance.
- Biggest qualms I had with TippingPoint was that it was just a tad on the expensive side for what you get. Nowadays everything has gone UTM in firewalls and they do it all including IPS as part of the basic functionality so really, TP is losing a massive market share.
- Don't see a future in the roadmap with so many other vendors getting onto the "unified" wagon and adding IPS as part of their service and at a cheaper price.
Read Brian Hoadley's full review
Great for large enterprises 10k users or more and as part of defense in depth. Medium and small business you are better off looking for a cheaper UTM solution that does it all in one. It comes down to cost, are you willing to fund the cost of breaking out IPS functionality or moving towards a unified solution?
Trend Micro TippingPoint Scorecard Summary
About Trend Micro TippingPoint
The TippingPoint Threat Protection System (TPS) from Trend Micro is an intrusion detection and prevention system.
Categories: Intrusion Detection
Trend Micro TippingPoint Technical Details