Reviews (1-2 of 2)
April 04, 2014
Score 8 out of 10
As stated in the previous survey, I used the product at a previous company. Specifically, while I was at a government contract agency supporting the Department of State's virtual engagement for public diplomacy. The "CO.NX" team is responsible for producing live web chats and other online web video events. Officially, only one office used the product but implemented it in support of programs overseas at embassies, consulates, third-party institutions, and even Washington-based internal meeting facilitation. My role was not at the business level, however the business problems it addressed were that it replaces lofty travel expenses with honorariums for speakers to do virtual programs (travel and lodging to Embassy New Delhi to speak to Indian students > 1 hour of a subject matter expert's time).
- PowerPoint integration was a key element in our implementation of OmNovia. In short, "old school" mentalities could easily integrate with a "new age" presentation platform. Specifically, the feature was highly-compatible with different file types, sizes, and formats. More so than similar platforms I've used in the past.
- Additionally, a lot of our end-users were without comprehensive media equipment or in low-bandwith environments, so the Audio Chat was a great way for folks to participate with their laptop microphones.
- The support materials, video, and direct customer service was integral in our adoption of the platform and, in turn, with the dissemination of it's use through the department and affiliate offices, agencies, and organizations. I refer to the omNovia website and the available YouTube videos that provide those who desire a more complex and intricate virtual experience the know-how to do it.
- Aesthetics - in short, there are many competiting softwares and web platforms that have sharper visual qualities and more intuitive design. As the digital divide shrinks, users desire simple, easy-to-learn interfaces. More tech-savvy and higher production quality users will dig deeper for the more granular elements that omNovia supports so well. Also even more customizable webinar environments; perhaps more detailed themes.
- Hand in hand with the UI renovaton, I'd suggest a company rebranding. Instead of appealing to the corporate environments, I think the technology and applications omNovia represent can have a much wider use case.
- Mobile - going more mobile than omNovia already is. Products like Bambuser and Adobe Connect have a more integrated and intuitive mobile apps that simply out perform OmNovia.
Read Stefano M. Rivolta's full review
Low-bandwidth environments seemed to prefer Google Hangout.
April 09, 2014
Score 8 out of 10
OmNovia is used by the media & publishing department of our organization. We use it for live webinars that we film and stream online.
Read this authenticated review
OmNovia is most suited for live-events when you want to stream the video online.