Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
We use MIP Fund Accounting and HR component for county government. The accounting portion is used across three different departments and the interface they use is tailored specifically for their workflow and job functions. Access is restricted to only what they require for their job. MIP replaced an outdated system that leaned heavily on manual work, spreadsheets and piles of paperwork. MIP automates the manual work, organizes our information and turned most of our paperwork to digital. It also has the latest tax and HR information helping us to be accurate and ease the burden on our employees. We've recently moved to their cloud offering to keep our data offsite and allow work remotely.
- Streamlined our workflow and guides employees so that they perform our processes accurately every time.
- Increased security by only allowing employees to see what they require to perform their jobs and nothing else.
- Made a lot of our paperwork digital such as POs and invoices.
- Very cost effective. You get a lot of product for the price.
- Also has some wonderful components like HR and digital time clocks.
- Cloud solution is nice for allowing employees to work from home and moving data offsite.
- No need to do upgrades or updates with Cloud solution as Ablia handles all of it now.
- Lacks grant management.
- Excel formulas don't always convert properly when importing.
- Some reports can be limited in your ability to drill down.
- Reduced errors in payroll and accounting.
- Solidified a workflow from one department to the next. In government you may have different departments handling different aspects of the accounting process and MIP can be customized it so that there is seamless integration from beginning to end.
- Saved us money from having to hire additional part time employees during tax season.
- Remote access with cloud solution
- Offsite data storage with cloud solution
MIP is very flexible and can be customized to your specific industry and needs. Would work well for a medium sized non-profit for tracking multiple funds and sources. And any module you buy for MIP was actually developed by them so it doesn't end up a hodge podge mess like other competitors. It has allowed us to customize everything based on our needs from managing funds to sources.
Zobrio - SoftTrac has gone above and beyond our expectations. They offer great customer service and oversaw our migration to the cloud. Any questions or issues we have are quickly addressed and they have spent a lot of time with us. I would highly recommend SoftTrac for your installation and continued support. I wished more companies conducted business like they do.
- Blackbaud CRM and Great Plains
MIP offers an unmatched level of customization and flexibility for the price. Great integration with their modules as they are in house developed so things aren't tacked on from third parties. Some of the other competitors have to go outside their company to give you what MIP already has built in. MIP is a solid software suite that just works.
MIP is a great product for medium to small size county governments and businesses that need a good fund accounting, payroll and HR system for a good price. MIP will aid you in modernizing your outdated systems and help integrate these areas for you. MIP has a number of modules from HR to digital time clocks to fit the needs of your company. I think you would be hard pressed to find another system with these features for the price.