Acquia, an enterprise grade Drupal hosting companyhttps://www.trustradius.com/cmsAcquia PlatformUnspecified7.5431012018-04-11T21:54:28.639Z
April 11, 2018
Acquia, an enterprise grade Drupal hosting company
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Acquia Platform
We used Acquia for our client's Drupal hosting needs. It was recommended to clients by our sales team, and used by our production team in conjunction with the client's technical team as well. Acquia Cloud does a great job simplifying the knowledge of Drupal hosting and provides a series of industry standard tools and development practices to implement with your site.
- Provides a dev, test, and live environment for deployment
- Varnish cache available to all levels of service
- Easy to manage team roles and users
- Cloud API for additional deployment hooks and processes
- Account support is limited on the Cloud Professional plan and requires you to purchase support tickets for the smallest issues, whereas other providers usually provide basic support free of charge.
- Acquia is very expensive, so unless you're an enterprise level partner, then it is likely out of your budget.
- The online documentation could use a refresh in design and can be frustrating to search through for answers.
- Allowed our clients to create scalable infrastructure for multi-site architecture
- Allowed our clients to manage multiple vendor access using team roles and permissions
- Reduced the support available to our clients that are limited by product tier
If you're project requires a multisite architecture with scalable site deployment, and your budget allows, I would recommend Acquia. Acquia pricing sits more on an Enterprise level, so it is overwhelming if you're hosting a smaller site. Pantheon is much more suited for smaller, one-off, independent sites, and they provide similar tooling, availability, and free SSL with every site. If you need to control every aspect of your server environment and you have a server admin on staff, then Rackspace can provide you with an open hosting environment for you to configure yourself.
If your organization requires you to implement a multi-site architecture, Acquia is one of the few cloud hosting options that makes this easy for Drupal websites. You can easily create a new database through their web UI, update your site's files, and add domains to each environment. This process is simplified even further through the use of another product, Acquia Cloud Site Factory.