Overall Satisfaction with Act-On
Act-On will be implemented so that both marketing and sales can benefit from its ability to track the effectiveness of campaigns, ROI, customer profiles, and time/effort management. It will be implemented by marketing with advice from sales and marketing will be the primary drivers of this software platform. Right now, there are many manual processes in place but despite valiant efforts to track campaign effectiveness, in reality, there are many knowledge gaps in the processes. Act-On Software's marketing automation platform will allow us to increase the number of campaigns, will enable us to track individual activity, manage our social media presence, deliver better MQLs and SQLs through the lead funnel, and will be the ultimate tool we will use to refine our strategies.
- Easy to implement. It's not completely painless (after all, it is a complex system here) but compared to on-boarding times given by other marketing automation competitors, Act-On is remarkably intuitive, and you will be using the system inside 30 days or less.
- Integration with major players. We use WebEx and Salesforce and Act-On integrates nicely with both of these systems and rather painlessly.
- Customer Support. Let me put it to you this way: their customer support and attention is so good that we became friends and kept in touch. They are thorough, care about your success, and will get your issue solved if it is within the system's capabilities. They are a smaller company and to me, this is a benefit. It means you don't get lost in the shuffle.
- They are always rolling out new features. They ask for feedback and ideas and their engineers get to it. They have much stronger reporting capabilities now than they did a year ago and have recently added a inbound marketing feature that is nice if you run extensive AdWords campaigns.
- WebEx. It's a bit of a sticking point because it's not Act-On's fault but the limitation that WebEx posed on their API. So really, I am mad at WebEx. They change the interface without informing anyone and suddenly my event will not work correctly because of something I did not tick.
- Campaigns. They have added additional functionality so it is not a current complaint but I had always wished we had a campaign view with various activities rolled in for reporting. Now they do.
- Social Dashboard. It's pretty good but every time I tried using it, the LinkedIn Company page function did not work. Not sure if it is fixed now.
- Increased employee efficiency. No longer are so many activities manual. Building landing pages and emails in a day vs outsourcing it and have it in 2-3 days.
- Control company brand. With templates and a branding section in play, it's harder to be inconsistent in look and feel.
- Track campaigns and advertising activities. I can't tell you how many AHA moments I had with Act-On just by tracking everything through the system. I learned which vendors yielded better results.
- Eloqua,silverpop,Marketo,Lyris ONE
Easy. Right features. Robust. Good price. Fast implementation.
I already have a great relationship with them, they are a good price, and I already had experience working with the platform which would allow me, the end-user, to hit the ground running after implementation.
Act-On is great if you are a small to mid-size company looking to maximize your marketing spend. It is well-priced and excellent value --it's based on your list send rather than your database size or users etc. I have auditioned many providers including Silverpop, Marketo, Eloqua, and Lyris and it was definitely a Goldilocks and the three bears for me. Too many features, too few features, and just right.
3 - Marketing communications staff; an understanding of how databases work, how websites track visitors, and email editor user is helpful. Everything else can be taught.