The Act-On platform is only used by our marketing department at this time. We don't currently have a dedicated sales team. We mostly use Act-On for email marketing, but we're slowly starting to roll out web forms attached to gated media to generate new leads. Eventually we'd like to connect our e-commerce platform (Magento) to Act-On so that we can begin developing automated programs. There are many tools Act-On provides that we aren't using yet, but eventually they will be incorporated into our marketing plan.
- The user interface is very easy to navigate, which helps save time when we are creating emails, forms, or uploading media.
- There are many preloaded templates for emails and forms that are easily customizable if you know basic HTML. You can also use the WYSIWYG editor they provide.
- Act-On's customer service is excellent. Every time I've gotten stuck trying to figure something out (like using their subscription management tool to segregate our email lists) they have been extremely helpful. It's always easy to reach a real person when you need something.
- Act-On does not report on revenue conversions, so there is no way (other than Google Analytics) to see how much revenue was generated from your campaigns.
- Sometimes they can lag a bit on addressing support tickets, and they need to be reminded about the issue to get things moving again.
- There is no way to create subfolders within the main folders for lists, images, and so on. I wish that functionality was available because it's much easier to organize things when you can create subfolders within folders.
- Our Act-On emails have gotten better open rates and responses than the emails we sent out with our previous ESP.
- We have generated 90% more leads this year compared to the prior year.
- We spend less time creating email campaigns because the platform is easier to use than our prior ESP.
- We have less visibility into our ROI due to Act-On's lack of ability to capture revenue conversions.
- strongmail message studio,Marketo,WhatCounts,CheetahMail
Act-On is an easy system to implement, learn, and use. They offer extensive training and onboarding to get you up and running in a very short period of time. Some of the other options like Marketo are extremely robust, and at the time seemed to be overkill for our small company. Act-On's pricing is also very reasonable, and we didn't have to sign up for a 12 month contract. This made us feel at ease about trying the platform. Some of the other platforms that provide a seamless integration with our e-commerce CMS (Magento) may be needed in the future.
We haven't even scratched the surface of what the Act-On platform is capable of doing for our marketing campaigns. We'd like to implement more of the tools available through Act-On to measure the results before we consider moving on to a new provider. It just wouldn't make sense at this time.
If you are looking to measure revenue rather than interactions, you need to bring that subject up right away and figure out a solution that works for your company. This platform works extremely well for lead generation and behavioral marketing, but it doesn't work as well for targeted marketing based on specific product purchases.