Easy, Straightforward Web-Based Project Management Tool for Small to Mid-size Agencieshttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementActiveCollabUnspecified7.6261012016-09-02T20:53:06.461Z
September 02, 2016
Easy, Straightforward Web-Based Project Management Tool for Small to Mid-size Agencies
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Active Collab
We use Active Collab as our primary project management system and workflow tool. The agency as a whole uses the platform as a way to manage our projects both onsite and off, and even on mobile, as needed. It serves its purpose as a project management platform with a plethora of add-ons, plugins and key features that help us get the most from our project management needs.
- Great for project and task assignments, project workflow and communications.
- Solid web-based platform that doesn't require software downloads, also includes great mobile platform.
- Great reporting tools for managing billing, estimating, project workflow and other essential project details.
- Allows for both the agency and its clients to interact on a single platform using role-specific permissions.
- As a web-based platform, sometimes things go down on their end and we lose access to our project management tool to the ire of all.
- Project searching can be hit or miss, and filtered search often leaves out projects that should have shown.
- Email alerts are often not as helpful as they seem.
- Active Collab has helped us to move to a completely digital project management system, moving away from physical time sheets and assignments many years ago. Since then, the platform has grown very quickly and very adeptly, and that is why we continue to use it.
- The Active Collab platform helps us with quick, easy access to our project management system, even for off-site users, vendors and clients.
- Time tracking and profit analysis has been great to help us price new agency services and change requests.
We chose Active Collab overall because we liked its easy to use user interface, project management suite and agency/vendor/client interaction capabilities. We also chose it primarily because it was offered as a web-based platform that offered very clean and easy mobile access for our off-site users as well as clients and third-party vendors. Mavenlink and Basecamp, at the time, were more suited to specifically be used for project management on a more granular scale for project managers, not necessarily the whole team, including vendors and clients collaboration.
Active Collab is great for small teams who want a web-based project management platform to help them on their day-to-day workflow tasks, billing, estimations, vendor assignments and even client communications. It is also great for agencies with users who are sometimes remotely working. Active Collab starts to show shortcomings when you have an immense amount of projects in the system (1000+), and, being a web-based platform, can sometimes experience downtime.