Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Audition
We use Audition within my department to edit a podcast. The podcast is called Notre Dame Stories, and runs every 3 weeks during the academic year at the University of Notre Dame. The podcast features narrative storytelling as well as interviews with faculty and students who are engaging in interesting research and creating knowledge in a variety of disciplines.
- Audition is intuitive - you can cut and arrange clips using a clear interface.
- Audition has ready-made templates based on your needs: podcast, song, etc.
- The compression is a little off sometimes. The trick is to adjust the leveling amount in a track, but that's not readily apparent.
- I'd love the ability to crowd-share, so other team members can work on the same project at the same time across machines.
- Audition has allowed us to complete our podcasts on time.
- Audition gives us the ability to create compelling content and push the envelope of the podcasts we produce.
Editing software is more similar than different; I looked into GarageBand, but didn't find it to be as suited to my use case as Audition.
Most of the support issues are raised in chat forums moderated by Adobe. I don't think I've ever engaged (and haven't attempted) to reach out to Adobe customer service directly. Most often, the community of Adobe users is able to answer a question. Other times, it takes curiosity and perseverance to solve an issue.
Do you think Adobe Audition delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Adobe Audition's feature set?
Did Adobe Audition live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Adobe Audition go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Adobe Audition again?
Adobe Audition is a great solution for a beginning podcaster or broadcaster who needs an intuitive platform to edit and adjust their audio files. The interface allows you to mix multiple audio files together, such as interviews, sound effects, voice over, and music. It has all the tools readily available to help you produce a polished product. Like any platform, there are some tips and tricks you have to learn by immersing yourself in the program. For instance, there is often a static sound produced in some tracks that can be removed by adjusting the leveler in a given track. This program may not be useful for someone with literally no computer/tech savvy whatsoever.