Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Business Catalyst
When I first began freelancing web services I discovered Business Catalyst as a superior way to deliver a commercial web page for small businesses on a limited budget. As a web developer I know that a premium enterprise level web site is too expensive for most small companies. This includes the ongoing updates required by their developer. Business Catalyst allows template driven sites that the business owner can edit without hiring costly professionals.
- The new templates have social connectivity built in which is very nice.
- The Sites do a good job on newsletter templates and data tracking.
- The in browser editing is a plus.
- The initial cost is usually spent on a designer or content developer so the client can focus on a set up fee and then just the on going hosting. No long term fees for developers to come in and make edits.
- It is SaaS, so the initial savings can seem costly if the site owner wants to redesign. It is still less costly than having a professional enterprise site built for you, but you will be limited by your budget.
- It has been a while since I used it, but custom pages for businesses on Facebook was something that needed to be built by a developer and implemented.
- I used this service for people who had little or no budget, set up the platform and showed them how to use it. However, I would use it again if someone on a budget wanted a good looking site that could handle eCommerce.