ADP just wasn't for us.
Updated March 18, 2015
ADP just wasn't for us.
Score 1 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now
ADP Workforce Now was implemented by our company six months ago. It was being used across the entire organization. We selected it based on our research and the representation that it could support our needs in accounting, online timekeeping and HRIS.
- The corporate department did honor promises made to us by our sales representative at the time of sale, even though he was not authorized to make those deals with us. Thankfully, we had in writing from him that ADP would honor it and they did.
- The customer service and helpdesk was helpful and courteous and returned calls in a timely manner.
- When things went badly with our sales rep and he was no longer available to speak to us or represent our account, they quickly found us a replacement rep.
- They need to have better training for their sales reps. We were sold a product that did not work well for our size and what we needed it to do; therefore, we were not happy with it's performance from the start because of limitations. The sales person that worked with us called us dozens of times per day and made us lots of promises about what the product could do. He also promised us that would could get out of the contract at any time if we were not happy with it, free ad-ons with the background screen packages in HR, and other things. When the deal was signed, our sales rep was suddenly MIA, the implantation went south and our HR module didnt work (which was a big selling point for us.) When we called the helpline, only one person was authorized to speak to them and we had a hard time getting the system up and running with the MIA sales rep/account manager. The same one who called us a dozen times a day during the front side of the process would never call us back during transition.
- They need to do a better job with transition. During transition,we were late with several payrolls because our account manager was delinquent in assisting our accounting manager with the transition and set up. We have different payroll schedules (some weekly, some monthly, some semi-monthly). He was supposed to be here two days before payroll for each of those to walk us though that for each of the first time for each payroll to ensure that everything was transitioned. He came the DAY payroll was to be paid. We kept telling him payroll was due on that calendar day and had to be in the bank THAT DAY - he said it was no problem - that it would go in the same day. We were doubtful of that claim, and we soon found out that we had reason to be. Three times in a row, ADP made our payroll late during this learning curve. This company has been in business for 25 years and that is the first time we have ever been late with payroll. We had employees calling that had bounced checks and it cost us additional money to cover bounced check fees.
- Negative. We were trying to be more efficient, however we had a lot time lost inputting back data from the time that we used ADP (because the information/reports they sent us were not compatible with QuickBooks as promised and we need them for detailed cost accounting. We also lots productivity when we went through the entire process of initiating the rollover to ADP on the front side.
Based on my experience, I would not recommend any ADP product to any of my associates, unless I as looking to put them in bind. We cancelled our contract after less than 6 months due to poor implementation, missed payrolls that were their fault and being misled from the start on what the product was capable of doing. I'm sure the product may be okay for smaller businesses who do not do complex accounting - but if you are looking for information to roll back into Quickbooks or another program to capture cost accounting, or are looking for great customer service then this is NOT the product for you. On a positive note, I will say that in the HR module, there are some GREAT tools for assisting HR - such as forms, guidance, toolkits, etc. Those were a great help, especially to a smaller company with limited HR resources. However, it was not worth the trade off for us to clean up the accounting mess.