ADP Workforce Now Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

Samuel Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

Looks great on paper, easy to use great system, but WORST customer service ever.

Likelihood to Recommend

I can't think of a less appropriate scenario, it is just their customer service is as bad as you can get. They have 2 call centers, one Stateside and one in the Philippines. Usually the Stateside is resourceful and you can resolve the issue in the same call, but if your call gets routed to the Philippines normally you know more than the person on the other side of the line and they place you on hold several times during the call to review procedures and processes, some of those that you have already told them on the same call.

But the worst I have experienced so far is the lack of continuity on the sales or account executives. It can be frustrating to start a process with one account or major accounts representative and have that person move to a new roll within the same organization and there is no follow up from them or from their department, leaving you out in the cold. It is equally frustrating to start an implementation process with them and after a year has passed still have issues and the implementation specialist is nowhere to be found. Great System But Worst Customer Service.
Read Samuel Rodriguez's full review
Krystal Hicks | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

ADP Workforce Now love/hate relationship - More love than hate

Likelihood to Recommend

ADP Workforce Now is great for large or small businesses. We are able to keep up with time cards very easily through the app and the online system. With over 300 employees, ADP has cut down paperwork for the HR/Payroll department by half. Most of the information employees need is available in one of the many sections of ADP. It also made open enrollment paperless and much easier to track.
Read Krystal Hicks's full review
Todd Seder | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

A system that works well for our company

Likelihood to Recommend

For our company, which has about 500 employees, it is well-suited. ADP takes care of our tax filings and W-2s. The system is easy to navigate and their reports are helpful, as well as their support. With the issues we have had with carrier connections, sometimes I am not sure it is equipped to being able to maintain benefits for employees appropriately.
Read Todd Seder's full review
Jaye Malarik | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

ADP Workforce Now Rocks

Likelihood to Recommend

Overall, WFN is an excellent pay system which can be configured to suit most companies' needs. Using the tax filing system saves our in house Payroll Department many, many hours.
Read Jaye Malarik's full review
Lanita Palermo | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 08, 2020

ADP is your one-stop-shop!

Likelihood to Recommend

ADP Workforce Now is well suited for small and large organizations. I can manage payroll, employee information, training, onboarding documents, and I-9's all on one platform. I can process a new hire, scan all of the documents into their profile, assign a pay card if they do not have direct deposit, print an employee's W2, download state and federal 941 forms for an audit, and all of this can be done on one platform. It's truly the best!
Read Lanita Palermo's full review
Anthony Rivera | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2020

ADP Workforce Now Review

Likelihood to Recommend

In the limited experience that I have so far, ADP Workforce Now seems well suited for a central place to track time-off requests and accumulated hours. in the past, we had a somewhat archaic and convoluted system that involved several programs that would not speak to each other. ADP Workforce Now might not be as appropriate for onboarding new employees as there are usually many questions that are not easily answered with a chatbox or a FAQ section, some face to face interactions are better in those situations.
Read Anthony Rivera's full review
Cora Hunt | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

ADP Workforce Now: The best choice for payroll solutions.

Likelihood to Recommend

I believe ADP Workforce Now is well suited to all types of employers, no matter the size. The help in preparing payroll, doing taxes, and setting up accounts is great. Those I have talked to over the phone have always been helpful and professional. The deadline given to submit payroll is very easy to meet.
Read Cora Hunt's full review
Jennifer Beck | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 02, 2020

My ADP Experience!!!

Likelihood to Recommend

Overall it is a great system to use for payroll and human resources. It is hard to implement if you are switching from another system. We had issues bringing over our write-ups and where we were at in our disciplinary process. I would suggest customizing that area so it is easier and doesn't disrupt your active and ongoing processes.
Read Jennifer Beck's full review
Stephanie Rigsby | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

The Chow on Workforce Now

Likelihood to Recommend

It was well suited for when we had to verify enrollment dates for an employee, according to the 3rd party carrier they did not receive the integration until after the open enrollment period. Once we discovered what the issue was we were able to go in and screenshot when the enrollment period began for the employee's benefits then send what documentation we had to ensure the employee remained covered.

Now, with that, we didn't understand why ADP had not sent over the integration until after January 1 as this had caused some employees to lose coverage and we had to back track to understanding what happened and why causing unnecessary additional work when the integration was supposed to be completed in mid-December.

Read Stephanie Rigsby's full review
Rachel Davison | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

ADP Workforce Now for the win!

Likelihood to Recommend

ADP Workforce Now is great for our company. We have a little fewer than 200 employees, so it's very easy to use and manage people with. The reporting features are great, though sometimes a little difficult to configure (could just be that I'm not very savvy with reporting). ADP is always making enhancements, which is good and bad. It's great that they are constantly aiming for improvement, but sometimes bad because changes tend to frustrate the employees and managers.
Read Rachel Davison's full review
Brieann Remiger, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

ADP Workforce Now is the bee's knees!

Likelihood to Recommend

ADP Workforce Now is great if you want your workforce to be self-sufficient and have everything online. It makes processing payroll, time-off, time cards, and benefits much easier.
Read Brieann Remiger, PHR's full review
Sejal Parikh | TrustRadius Reviewer

ADP Workforce Now lover!

Likelihood to Recommend

I would definitely recommend ADP Workforce Now to my colleagues! I've been using ADP Workforce Now for many years, after having used ADP PC Payroll for Windows, and I have seen how ADP is continually making changes to improve the user experience. From having the HR benefits module talk "live" with the payroll side to how easy it is to track and see prior, current, and future sick/vacation time, ADP's functionalities are becoming more intuitive for its users. One can easily pull up an old or current employee and verify dates, rates, and much more in a single search. The ADP reporting tool also makes it very easy to create custom reports whenever needed (and impress management). And if there's ever a question, the ADP Customer Support Center is always available!
Read Sejal Parikh's full review
Michele Connell | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

ADP Workforce Now has opened our eyes!

Likelihood to Recommend

With ADP Workforce Now our payroll processes are now much easier and more stream-lined. It is easier for us to pull reports and manage all employees better. Employee self-service helps tremendously! Time-off tracking for our company just became easier, as before we were manually calculating it, which took a lot of time. Employees can see their check stubs.
Read Michele Connell's full review
Donna Finch | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

I Love ADP Workforce Now!

Likelihood to Recommend

When I started here at MetLife Stadium three years ago, there was no one in my position to teach me. I came from 28 years at the same company and knew Ceridian like the back of my hand, and thought that was the greatest product of all time! I wouldn't have been able to sit in front of my computer back then and be able to take over the position with ease. Here with ADP Workforce Now, I literally sat down and started entering new hires and making changes immediately and to everyone's amazement. Sure my background gave me enough confidence to do that, but had the product been complicated and convoluted, I think I would have had to find my way through the system.
Read Donna Finch's full review
Karen Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

We like ADP but would like a few specific improvements

Likelihood to Recommend

The support staff needs more detailed training. ADP needs to spend more time creating reporting for their governmental (public) employers. I realize we are not their largest book of business, but we should still be considered for federal reporting requirements, at a minimum! They need to work the bugs out of their updates before they release them to their customers, who have to find them and deal with the mess afterward.
Read Karen Rodriguez's full review
Elizabeth Gil | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

Likelihood to Recommend

It's well suited for record-keeping and payroll process when it's working. Sometimes the updates cause glitches in the payroll processing as well as the system itself. ADP is actually one of the best tools used in HR. I've used other systems but ADP is one of the best believe it or not. That is when it's working. That's my biggest issue with ADP. It's a great system but I think they still have to work on some glitches.
Read Elizabeth Gil's full review
Amberly Hudson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Using ADP Today

Likelihood to Recommend

Workforce Now new hire and termination templates allow us to host administrative staff around the country but keep the compliance at corporate where the payroll is being administered. If those went away it would redo everything we have built. Workforce Now could be more robust in regards to workflow and creating jobs that impact other managers around the company. We have a difficult time tracking turnover, terminations by job role, and role changes that are of importance to certain positions. The IT department needs to know when there are terminations etc. ADP should be able to notify a group when an appropriate term happens.
Read Amberly Hudson's full review
Rachel Wilde, PHR, GBA, SHRM-CP | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 24, 2020

Be warned and know what you are getting into

Likelihood to Recommend

ADP can be suited if you are a smaller company but mid to large-sized organizations can run into trouble.

If you have supervisors on second shift approving time cards
you may run into trouble approving timecards as they do system updates almost
once a month on Fridays at midnight which locks supervisors out from approving
timecards.

It has recently come to my attention by my Account Manager
that the ADP WFN system cannot truly handle multiple payrolls in one day under
a single master record database, so if you have to process multiple in one day
(example have multiple FEINs that process the same day) there could be
glitches. It doesn't always happen but they cannot ensure they will not happen.
Certain functionalities in the system can become corrupted and they do not have
checks and balances in place to prevent it or for you the user to know audit
for it until after it is too late. For example, we have a ride along with our time
and attendance batch that puts the timestamps on our paystubs and it can
glitch on us because we have several FEINs that process payroll on the same day
under our master record. We were never told about this until after. Be warned.
Read Rachel Wilde, PHR, GBA, SHRM-CP's full review
Rosie Endsley | TrustRadius Reviewer

It's alright

Likelihood to Recommend

I know that ADP offers way more that we are not using. I cannot talk the executives into buying these other products because of the lack of support we have already received. Their track record is affecting our future with ADP.
Read Rosie Endsley's full review
Lisa Heim | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 24, 2020

Review from a super-user!

Likelihood to Recommend

It works very well with the approval processes but works very, very poorly when switching employees between company codes. The 'another position' feature should ask to take you through a 'new hire' template of your choice. The standard fields in the 'another position' aren't the same fields that we have in our custom new hire template and thus we miss setting up fields when we have to switch employees between company codes. Also when you do this, the old employee position always stays as a 'terminated' employee on all reports and it messes with turn over numbers.
Read Lisa Heim's full review
Julia Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 24, 2020

Long-term customer planning to stay

Likelihood to Recommend

I am constantly being contacted by other payroll companies who brag that they do better than ADP. I find that hard to believe but we have had some real issues with Compensation Management and Performance Management. This caused us to drop Compensation and my EVP of HR seems to have to rewrite the Performance Management piece every year. He is sourcing other companies for that.
Read Julia Davis's full review

Employee demographic data (551)
Employment history (562)
Job profiles and administration (528)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (542)
Organizational charting (368)
6.7
Organization and location management (416)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (389)
Pay calculation (600)
Support for external payroll vendors (222)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (1)
Benefit plan administration (489)
Direct deposit files (599)
Salary revision and increment management (463)
Reimbursement management (265)
Approval workflow (439)
Balance details (464)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (379)
View and generate pay and benefit information (586)
Update personal information (574)
View company policy documentation (463)
Employee recognition (198)
View job history (32)
Tracking of all physical assets (12)
6.0
Report builder (570)
Pre-built reports (568)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (323)
New hire portal (21)
6.1
Manager tracking tools (14)
4.8
Corporate goal setting (130)
Individual goal setting (166)
Line-of sight-visibility (134)
6.7
Performance tracking (159)
Performance plans (208)
Performance improvement plans (173)
6.6
Review status tracking (213)
Review reminders (218)
Multiple review frequency (180)
Create succession plans/pools (6)
5.8
Candidate ranking (6)
5.8
Candidate search (7)
6.3
Candidate development (6)
6.2
Job Requisition Management (198)
Company Website Posting (199)
Publish to Social Media (159)
Job Search Site Posting (174)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (8)
2.3
Applicant Tracking (201)
Notifications and Alerts (218)

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace. Users can add more functionality as their business grows.

The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:

• Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
  • Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
  • Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.

The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:

• Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
  • Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
  • Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.

ADP Workforce Now Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Does not have featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Does not have featureTracking of all physical assets
Does not have featureAsset issue and transfer management
Does not have featureAsset return
Does not have featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featurePerformance plans
Has featurePerformance improvement plans
Has featureReview status tracking
Has featureReview reminders
Has featureMultiple review frequency
Succession Planning Features
Does not have featureCreate succession plans/pools
Does not have featureCandidate ranking
Does not have featureCandidate search
Does not have featureCandidate development
Onboarding Features
Does not have featureNew hire portal
Does not have featureManager tracking tools
Performance and Goals Features
Has featureBenefits: Open Enrollment
Has featureMobile Application for Employee Self-Service

ADP Workforce Now Screenshots

ADP Workforce Now Integrations

Oracle HCM Cloud, Concur Travel and Expense, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, 100+ integrations via marketplace.adp.com and APIs

ADP Workforce Now Competitors

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
  • Entry-level set up fee?Required

Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.

ADP Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution