Overall Satisfaction with AdRoll
Aspen is in the early stages of developing an e-commerce B2C business after 25+ years primarily focused globally on B2B sales. AdRoll was used by our B2C business for retargeting. We used AdRoll to follow up with website visitors that didn't convert on the initial visit.
- The interface is easy to use and quick to learn.
- Extensive variety of templates for ads.
- Ads are easy to customize.
- Reports to evaluate the performance of campaigns.
- Pricing is a challenge; while using there wasn't a fixed fee. Fees are based upon interactions with ads and emails.
- It takes a good month to get clear and accurate reports. I would like more real-time reporting.
- Mixed - while the tool provides an invaluable productivity gain the actual ROI it provides is less certain. We found if used in combination with other revenue analytics it was useful to determine the impact it had on revenue from returning visitors. If data is used on its own the impact on revenue is less quantifiable.
AdRoll is perhaps the best for very small businesses (less the 50 employees), is the easiest to set-up and administer. Google Marketing I would rate the best overall tool - excels with future product direction, campaign management, and targeting. Criteo has perhaps the best retargeting tool, easy to use and administer. Criteo is best suited for larger mid-market companies with more complex ad campaigns. We initially selected AdRoll when we were initially starting up of B2C business and it was ideal. As our business has grown and become more complex requiring scale it became less useful.
AdRoll is an easy way to approach digital marketing and retargeting as well as prospecting. It is relatively easy to set-up to begin data tracking for your website. That said, it is imperative to invest time to know the product and its support, retarget program is only successful if its set-up properly to track website visitors and know if the advertising is converting to sales. If you have a small retargeting campaign you would like to run - AdRoll is the perfect tool for you. It is not built for scale, we had issues when we'd try to segment out user groups, refine data parameters about the targeted user groups.