Reviews (1-25 of 34)
- Much easier to set up dynamic retargeting than AdWords
- Customer service is fairly responsive and is standard with all accounts
- New reporting features are an upgrade and no longer require use of excessive filters
- The "attribution" model is a little suspect. We use just a 1-day lookback window, as "view-thru" conversion value is difficult to measure.
- For Facebook ads, you have to contact customer service to edit any ads. The approval of ads is unnecessarily long.
- There is not a lot of control over the bidding and the actual fees are a little unclear.
- Customized ads so you can showcase what you want.
- Flexible marketing by setting a budget.
- Great analytics to see what works and what doesn't.
- Some parts of the platform are hard to use for beginners.
- Delayed updates on ad performance.
- Support may take some time to get back to you for any issue.
- The interface is easy to use and quick to learn.
- Extensive variety of templates for ads.
- Ads are easy to customize.
- Reports to evaluate the performance of campaigns.
- Pricing is a challenge; while using there wasn't a fixed fee. Fees are based upon interactions with ads and emails.
- It takes a good month to get clear and accurate reports. I would like more real-time reporting.
- The reporting dashboard that is accessible to AdRoll clients is very clean and easy to use. The transparency of these dashboards allows for detailed reporting that can be extended to your client.
- The AdRoll account reps are very responsive.
- The dynamic retargeting that AdRoll provides in a digital setting can target at a very granular level.
- AdRoll tracking on our end has been having issues lately. We are not sure if our tags have not been implemented correctly, or if there is currently a glitch in the system.
- Unfortunately, sometimes the account reps and internal technicians do not communicate efficiently enough when an issue arises. This causes a slow turnaround for troubleshooting.
- The overall understanding that the account reps have of their own system needs improvement.
- Dynamic Retargeting -- We have not been able to find another partner that has allowed us to do this in the same way.
- Customer service: sometimes the response times are not the best.
- Fixing problems: a lot of times if we have a problem AdRoll reaches out to a lot of their engineers and they are unable to find a solution.
- Management: we have had issues with our AdRoll team and really taking the time on our accounts.
- We use it to drive awareness through a high CTR.
- We drive revenue to our ticketing sites in order to drive a high ROI.
- Getting invoices paid on time can be an issue because of the delay in receiving said invoices, and our reps are normally not super understanding.
- Track conversions are extremely simple. The interface is clean and easy to navigate.
- AdRoll will custom create banners if you ask them.
- They have clear and detailed instructions on how to do everything.
- Their support goes above and beyond and makes me feel confident that they can get the job done.
- I would like to see more reporting on where my ads are showing.
- Would like to see a native ad-builder where I could create ads myself.
- Would like to see if client reports could be emailed to me weekly.
- AdRoll's interface is intuitive to use and easy to learn.
- AdRoll's feature set exceeds the capabilities of Google's display platform in some respects (especially as it relates to minimum audience sizes).
- Nice reporting capabilities help with evaluating campaign performance.
- AdRoll's pricing is opaque. While it's nice that there's no platform fee, it's not possible to see what markup AdRoll is adjusting pricing by.
- Some features have been deprecated in the AdRoll platform (ie. SFDC integration), so that they can start to offer them through their other products, which come at a much higher commit.
- Some reporting options are slow to run and there appears to be quite a lag on the metrics.
Obviously, if you have massive budgets there are platforms that are better suited to both your media serving and measurement needs.
- Customizability of visual ads is easy and efficient. I can make it look the way I want it with the words I need to use.
- I think the reach not being limited to just Google but rather accross multiple channels is an advantage for AdRoll.
- Has a great support team that is always ready to help out. They were particularly helpful when we were first trying to set up our first ad campaign.
- They could make their documentation more easy to understand such that it is more user-friendly for first time users, so we don't have to reach out to support for more information.
- They could have the functionality of more design options on the page. I had to externally make the ad have the background I wanted and upload it. But having editing capabilities on site would be easier.
- I would like to see them expand into other aspects of advertising, not just remarketing and retargeting ads.
- Creating prospecting lists to attract new users.
- Making a user-friendly experience for retargeting.
- An account management team to make success easy.
- The focus on view through conversions isn't helpful for teams that need to track through the pipeline
- ABM seems like a great tool, but the subscription cost is prohibitive
- Provides a unified interface for running Facebook and web prospecting and retargeting campaigns
- Very solid reporting tools
- Excellent and helpful account managers who really help you get the most out of the product
- Conversion reporting would be the big one. Some aspects of what they do are obfuscated, so you can't always get the best reporting depending on what channel you're running (web or facebook, retargeting, etc).
- Better integration with Facebook creative units. Right now it feels like you don't get access to all of the same newer formats and capabilities you get when running with Facebook direct.
- Better creative management. It can get a bit unwieldy managing many different variations of creative.
I'd say that it's perhaps less appropriate if you want to get into the nitty gritty with what's possible with Facebook Direct - for the convenience of AdRoll you do sacrifice some capabilities to do more advanced advertising.
- Remarketing specific pages to a target audience within our wheelhouse. We can quickly and easily set this up; no wasted time is accumulated.
- The ad sizes are constricting. If you want to have a gif file, you're going to have to use the bare minimum in design.
- Support is not the best. They are not helpful and has resulted in multiple calls to support.
AdRoll is not ideal for very small companies, companies struggling with defining their target audience, or companies with limiting graphics resources. This is not a platform that will walk you through its abilities.
- Remarketing campaigns
- Streamlined implementation for new campaigns
- Great analytics and insights
- Not as much functionality as I've seen with other software. The software is designed to be easy to use and streamlined so this leaves out some of the customization that you see with others.
- Transparency on where your ads are displayed and how they're interacted with could be much better.
- Campaign management
- Access to premium inventory
- Cross-platform management in a single UI
- Full service management was the biggest selling point for us, but not a single campaign went live through our AdRoll reps without tracking errors, billing issues and lack of follow-through from their account teams. Our spend levels were high, which makes me wonder how much worse the customer service would have been if we were just spending a few thousand dollars per month.
- Despite what they claim, AdRoll's interface is outdated (has not materially changed since 2012) and inefficient. We had to rely on their unresponsive account teams to do even the most basic updates.
- Slow response time, despite clear service level commitments. Almost every element of our experience with their customer service can be summarized by "over-promise and under-deliver." When things went wrong, they were quick to apologize and make excuses, but the quality of service and response times never improved.
- Attribution models are very generous to AdRoll campaigns. In one case, they attributed over a quarter of a million in eComm revenue to one of our clients based off less than $10k in ad spend. Even after adjusting down the view-through attribution windows, they still gave their campaigns a disproportionate amount of credit.
- Finance team is not customer-facing. If you run into payment or refund issues, it will take months and many hours of back and fourth to get them resolved. We had to go through our account reps to get anything resolved, which took far more time that is would have directly with Google, Bing or Facebook.
- Lack of billing transparency. AdRoll does not tell advertisers this, but they pre-bill for the following period's ad spend. This means that when advertisers put campaigns on pause, they will see a "credit" for future advertising, which is actually their own money. This comes across as deceptive and shady, especially given how hard it was to get refunds processed. For context, no other ad platforms we've used pre-bill for future advertising.
I highly recommend looking elsewhere for retargeting solutions. It may have started out as a leader, but it has become a big, slow, poorly managed organization. Their support teams are overworked and under-qualified, so it's really not realistic to rely on them. This would be OK if the interface was more efficient, but it's slow and very manual.
If you're looking for a manual, outdated platform to manage all remarketing campaigns in a single UI, AdRoll is a viable option. However, if you're looking for a qualified, reliable team to manage your remarketing campaigns, look elsewhere.
- Dynamic retargeting ads have been very effective with AdRoll. And they've allowed us to slice and dice our catalog very effectively.
- Segmentation! Segmentation! Segmentation! From behavioral audience segmenting, to URL based segments, or CRM audiences, there's a lot of flexibility in the platform.
- Reporting by geo would be nice.
- Integration with enterprise-level ESPs. Updating CRM lists is currently inefficient.
- Simple, easy to use interface and dashboard for reporting on metrics.
- Easy access to support via a chat button button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Uploading artwork is simple, just drag and drop.
- Setting up visitor segments can be a bit confusing, each time we need to make changes we have to reach out to our AdRoll rep.
- Needs more integrations. Would like to integrate AdRoll with Pardot and possibly our CRM.
- I would like our AdRoll rep to reach out to us more often to check in, help with things, or offer best practices to help us get the most out of their solution.
- Simple retargeting via integration with Marketing Automation platforms
- Cross-platform ad personalization capabilities
- Simplified campaign management and optimization
- Improved level of support during the technical setup process would really improve the onboarding process
- Consistent, proactive account management is key with organizations like AdRoll. A dedicated rep goes such a long way.
- More granular reporting would help with back-end optimization and client recommendations
AdRoll Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
AdRoll Technical Details