Reviews (1-25 of 25)
- Track conversions are extremely simple. The interface is clean and easy to navigate.
- AdRoll will custom create banners if you ask them.
- They have clear and detailed instructions on how to do everything.
- Their support goes above and beyond and makes me feel confident that they can get the job done.
- I would like to see more reporting on where my ads are showing.
- Would like to see a native ad-builder where I could create ads myself.
- Would like to see if client reports could be emailed to me weekly.
Review: "AdRoll - great platform for nimble teams looking for flexible (and cost-effective) platforms"
- AdRoll's interface is intuitive to use and easy to learn.
- AdRoll's feature set exceeds the capabilities of Google's display platform in some respects (especially as it relates to minimum audience sizes).
- Nice reporting capabilities help with evaluating campaign performance.
- AdRoll's pricing is opaque. While it's nice that there's no platform fee, it's not possible to see what markup AdRoll is adjusting pricing by.
- Some features have been deprecated in the AdRoll platform (ie. SFDC integration), so that they can start to offer them through their other products, which come at a much higher commit.
- Some reporting options are slow to run and there appears to be quite a lag on the metrics.
Obviously, if you have massive budgets there are platforms that are better suited to both your media serving and measurement needs.
- Customizability of visual ads is easy and efficient. I can make it look the way I want it with the words I need to use.
- I think the reach not being limited to just Google but rather accross multiple channels is an advantage for AdRoll.
- Has a great support team that is always ready to help out. They were particularly helpful when we were first trying to set up our first ad campaign.
- They could make their documentation more easy to understand such that it is more user-friendly for first time users, so we don't have to reach out to support for more information.
- They could have the functionality of more design options on the page. I had to externally make the ad have the background I wanted and upload it. But having editing capabilities on site would be easier.
- I would like to see them expand into other aspects of advertising, not just remarketing and retargeting ads.
- Provides a unified interface for running Facebook and web prospecting and retargeting campaigns
- Very solid reporting tools
- Excellent and helpful account managers who really help you get the most out of the product
- Conversion reporting would be the big one. Some aspects of what they do are obfuscated, so you can't always get the best reporting depending on what channel you're running (web or facebook, retargeting, etc).
- Better integration with Facebook creative units. Right now it feels like you don't get access to all of the same newer formats and capabilities you get when running with Facebook direct.
- Better creative management. It can get a bit unwieldy managing many different variations of creative.
I'd say that it's perhaps less appropriate if you want to get into the nitty gritty with what's possible with Facebook Direct - for the convenience of AdRoll you do sacrifice some capabilities to do more advanced advertising.
- Remarketing specific pages to a target audience within our wheelhouse. We can quickly and easily set this up; no wasted time is accumulated.
- The ad sizes are constricting. If you want to have a gif file, you're going to have to use the bare minimum in design.
- Support is not the best. They are not helpful and has resulted in multiple calls to support.
AdRoll is not ideal for very small companies, companies struggling with defining their target audience, or companies with limiting graphics resources. This is not a platform that will walk you through its abilities.
- Remarketing campaigns
- Streamlined implementation for new campaigns
- Great analytics and insights
- Not as much functionality as I've seen with other software. The software is designed to be easy to use and streamlined so this leaves out some of the customization that you see with others.
- Transparency on where your ads are displayed and how they're interacted with could be much better.
- Much easier to set up dynamic retargeting than AdWords
- Customer service is fairly responsive and is standard with all accounts
- New reporting features are an upgrade and no longer require use of excessive filters
- The "attribution" model is a little suspect. We use just a 1-day lookback window, as "view-thru" conversion value is difficult to measure.
- For Facebook ads, you have to contact customer service to edit any ads. The approval of ads is unnecessarily long.
- There is not a lot of control over the bidding and the actual fees are a little unclear.
Review: "With AdRoll, Marketers Can Reach Their Audience Throughout the Entire Customer Journey with Personalized Messaging Using Advanced Segmentation."
- Simple retargeting via integration with Marketing Automation platforms
- Cross-platform ad personalization capabilities
- Simplified campaign management and optimization
- Improved level of support during the technical setup process would really improve the onboarding process
- Consistent, proactive account management is key with organizations like AdRoll. A dedicated rep goes such a long way.
- More granular reporting would help with back-end optimization and client recommendations
- Adroll is easy to set up and start
- The user interface is quite intuitive without a learning curve
- The control on adspend is much better when compared to competitors
- Retarget website visitors based on the specific pages they visited
- Retarget product users based on the pages/features they did OR did not use
- Increase product usage by targeting high potential users with value of our paid solution
- Increase product sign ups but targeting website visitors who are actively engaged with our brand but DID NOT sign up yet
- When I was using AdRoll I don't think they had the ability to retarget on LinkedIn - that would be the ultimate retargeting platform but can't remember if this is already available or in the works
- It's great to supplement the work you are already doing to get visitors to the website - use AdRoll to retarget people who have visited your website > visited X page OR done X action > to push them further along your funnel
- It's also interesting to use to retarget users who you believe are high-value but HAVE NOT completed a specific action. For example, you could retarget your engaged users who DID NOT visit your plan upgrade page yet OR perhaps they did not discover a page/feature that is critical to them becoming an avid user.
- It's not a fallback option for solving your traffic volume issues. You need a good amount of traffic for retargeting to be relevant.
- Creating prospecting lists to attract new users.
- Making a user-friendly experience for retargeting.
- An account management team to make success easy.
- The focus on view through conversions isn't helpful for teams that need to track through the pipeline
- ABM seems like a great tool, but the subscription cost is prohibitive
- Ad placement. Our ads see good engagement where AdRoll places them.
- Campaign customization. There are many targeting and budget options within the campaign setup.
- Reporting. AdRoll provides simple, streamlined reporting on impressions, clicks, conversions, spend, etc.
- Segmentation. It's pretty easy to set up conversion segments and track where we are seeing conversions.
- I would like to see better attribution reporting. Some of AdRoll's new features try to tackle this but I haven't seen much value from this yet. Would love to know where my campaigns are overlapping, if specific people are contributing to impressions across multiple campaigns.
- Examples of high performing display ads, suggestions on how to improve design and conversions.
- Access to the prospecting campaigns. I'm super interested in using this feature but have not been given access or any information on how to get up and running.
- Campaign management
- Access to premium inventory
- Cross-platform management in a single UI
- Full service management was the biggest selling point for us, but not a single campaign went live through our AdRoll reps without tracking errors, billing issues and lack of follow-through from their account teams. Our spend levels were high, which makes me wonder how much worse the customer service would have been if we were just spending a few thousand dollars per month.
- Despite what they claim, AdRoll's interface is outdated (has not materially changed since 2012) and inefficient. We had to rely on their unresponsive account teams to do even the most basic updates.
- Slow response time, despite clear service level commitments. Almost every element of our experience with their customer service can be summarized by "over-promise and under-deliver." When things went wrong, they were quick to apologize and make excuses, but the quality of service and response times never improved.
- Attribution models are very generous to AdRoll campaigns. In one case, they attributed over a quarter of a million in eComm revenue to one of our clients based off less than $10k in ad spend. Even after adjusting down the view-through attribution windows, they still gave their campaigns a disproportionate amount of credit.
- Finance team is not customer-facing. If you run into payment or refund issues, it will take months and many hours of back and fourth to get them resolved. We had to go through our account reps to get anything resolved, which took far more time that is would have directly with Google, Bing or Facebook.
- Lack of billing transparency. AdRoll does not tell advertisers this, but they pre-bill for the following period's ad spend. This means that when advertisers put campaigns on pause, they will see a "credit" for future advertising, which is actually their own money. This comes across as deceptive and shady, especially given how hard it was to get refunds processed. For context, no other ad platforms we've used pre-bill for future advertising.
I highly recommend looking elsewhere for retargeting solutions. It may have started out as a leader, but it has become a big, slow, poorly managed organization. Their support teams are overworked and under-qualified, so it's really not realistic to rely on them. This would be OK if the interface was more efficient, but it's slow and very manual.
If you're looking for a manual, outdated platform to manage all remarketing campaigns in a single UI, AdRoll is a viable option. However, if you're looking for a qualified, reliable team to manage your remarketing campaigns, look elsewhere.
- Dynamic retargeting ads have been very effective with AdRoll. And they've allowed us to slice and dice our catalog very effectively.
- Segmentation! Segmentation! Segmentation! From behavioral audience segmenting, to URL based segments, or CRM audiences, there's a lot of flexibility in the platform.
- Reporting by geo would be nice.
- Integration with enterprise-level ESPs. Updating CRM lists is currently inefficient.
- Simple, easy to use interface and dashboard for reporting on metrics.
- Easy access to support via a chat button button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Uploading artwork is simple, just drag and drop.
- Setting up visitor segments can be a bit confusing, each time we need to make changes we have to reach out to our AdRoll rep.
- Needs more integrations. Would like to integrate AdRoll with Pardot and possibly our CRM.
- I would like our AdRoll rep to reach out to us more often to check in, help with things, or offer best practices to help us get the most out of their solution.
- It has easy set up, you can have a campaign set up in minutes.
- The metrics are easy to read and provide the information we're looking for.
- The support team have been helpful and responsive.
- Their invoicing process can be confusing. The invoices do not provide enough information, such as an itemized list of the amount spent on each campaign in that invoice, which campaigns are included in the billed invoice, and a date range.
- Editing campaigns (dates, budget, etc) can be difficult once a campaign has started.
- The "campaigns purchased" vs. "deliveries billed" invoices can get confusing at times.
- Segmentation - They allow your segmentation to be extremely granular and the setup is pretty easy and streamlined.
- Cookie Splitting- they allow you to split your cookie pool which is great if you are doing any sort of testing, but do not have a tag management solution.
- tech solutions- when new products are released by Twitter and Facebook they are usually one of the first to receive access to this inventory.
- Self -serve implementation of 3rd party ad tags
- Self-serve adjustments of frequency capping
- I wish they provided you a latency graph or showed you how soon after a user saw an ad they converted so that you adjust your cookie duration and bidding strategy more effectively.
Key Questions I would ask are;
- What does your backend look like? Is it easy to get your coders to passback macros? Can you easily apply a tag across your entire site?
- What is your company's/ campaign goal?
- Do you sell products?
- Do you have a restrictive budget?
- Can you creative your own banner ads ?
- Self Service Platform is easily designed and makes getting a new campaign or making changes easy.
- Reporting provides clear insight into the platforms and creative driving sales.
- The pricing is reasonable for the time savings that AdRoll produces.
- Support could be more knowledgeable and engaging when helping with problems or just reaching out occasionally to send more recommendations.
- More third party integrations would be nice to see.
- Call tracking capabilities.
- Customer Support.
- UI management (for Facebook).
- Proposal turnaround time.
- Merge social platforms into one easy interface for management.
- My agency rep did not seem very knowledgeable about the product itself.
- Account manager had basic knowledge regarding optimization tactics.
- User friendly interface - Reporting, summary, analytics was easy to pull
- Facebook Exchange retargeting
- Conversion was easy to track
- Account management can improve to include strategy and education for the client. We relied on Adroll and our other partners to give us new and innovative ideas on advertising.
- ROI is based on CPM rather than CPC. Even though their budget is based on a CPM basis our company based performance off of CPC and we saw little ROI for what we were testing.
Analytics and Strategy related questions
AdRoll Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
AdRoll Technical Details