March 29, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Alfresco Enterprise Edition
Overall Satisfaction with Alfresco Enterprise Content Management
Alfresco Enterprise Content Management is being used by the digital teams of our organization. The software is specific to doing certain marketing functions for client-facing platforms, hence it is not used outside of specific departments. It is also used for content management across our site that can be changed and managed in real time.
- It facilitates real-time updates to manage content throughout the website without any code drops.
- It helps with digital marketing to customers.
- It also has good mobile support when it comes to managing content.
- Enrichment of current content is not so easy, we have to reload the content to do so.
- There is no support for XQuery.
- Content transformation is absent.
- It definitely has a positive ROI in the overall business, as content management has become easier and more centralized.
- Video and image content management has become a major plus, as they play an important role in dynamic digital marketing. Once the code is written to accommodate image and videos, we can change this content any time depending on the season of the year, what products we are looking to market, and to what type of clients.
- It helps with easy control of the system with the business teams rather than having control with the technology teams. Hence it makes it easy to customize and make changes at any time. This also reduces the overlap that technology has with business and helps treat both of them as separate entities.
All software has some pros and some cons. Alfresco has some good pluses, and suits our environment very well. It fit perfectly in the place that we are working on. That is why we decided to go with this software. Overall, the kind of content management that needs to be done in an organization is what would determine which software to use.
Alfresco's tool is excellent. It is a rich collaboration tool, with simplified web designing for people who are less tech savvy. It has real ease in the editing and managing of image files. There is freedom in software modification and customization to fulfill customers' needs. It has dynamic development, ease of accessing current updates, and rich functionality. It has out of box scalability. It is also compatible with Windows as well as Unix, and has excellent integration with both the Office Suite and Open Office.