Overall Satisfaction with Appcues
Appcues is currently being used by our customer success and customer support departments as well as our sales team for customers signing up for our trial accounts and our free versions of our services. There are many features within our app and our customer are oftentimes not technically savvy, so Appcues helps guide our new customers through setting up their account.
- Appcues makes the setup process extremely simple. Rather than having to build all of the cues and flows into our app, we simply installed the Appcues code which essentially lays over top our app and allows us to build any new flows we'd like and push them live without having to consult our engineers.
- Appcues provides a variety of cue options to display to users. There are tooltips, slide outs and full modals. This allows us to target users on different pages without being too invasive.
- Their targeting and reporting is also superb. We're able to show flows to certain users based on URL paths and other actions they've taken within our app. We can also see some great reports of users who have completed our flows and metrics on where they stopped if they did not complete a flow.
- We were extremely surprised that there are not any Appcues used in Appcues. The app is pretty easy to use, once you figure out how to use it. There were not any type of tutorials when we logged in that quickly walked through how to setup a flow.
- Appcues has lots of support articles, however they are almost so numerous that it was hard to find simple onboarding documentation that we found useful.
- The different tooltips and product actions are great, but being able to customize the different cues a little bit more by changing sizes and aspect ratios could be an improvement.
- We receive less support tickets from new users because our Appcues flows guide them through completing basic tasks in their account.
- Customers in our trial accounts and free accounts rarely reach out to our team with setup needs.
- Customers using our Appcues flows love the experience, which is crucial during the onboarding process -- especially since our user-base can be less technically savvy.
Appcues is much more affordable than WalkMe and Pendo from our research. We were previously using Intercom, however Intercom was designed more for purely in-app messaging rather than actually providing flows and cues guiding users throughout an app. We also received lots of complaints from users about Intercom's messaging, which they found to be annoying thus requested to turn off.
Appcues is perfect for in-app messaging and guiding users through completing product actions. They could improve the usability of the product and the overall UX / UI for new users. Their ability to customize a theme is great for an app that needs to setup something very professional quickly. The flows also look beautiful and feel like part of our app. We're glad we chose Appcues, it's just taken us awhile to fully implement it.