Reliable & FAST File Sharing
March 07, 2018
Reliable & FAST File Sharing
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Aspera Managed File Transfer
The organization I work for made the decision to purchase Aspera and have it integrated with a new Workflow Management system for their Graphics Department. As the Graphics Department was sending large files to different artist and project leaders, they required a very fast, reliable system that supported large files to be uploaded and downloaded with speed and with the integrity and quality of the file intact.
- The upload and download speed is very fast compared to the other systems we have used in the past.
- The file uploader has a progress bar which very accurately shows in both visual and percentage manner, the quantity of the file uploaded and time remaining.
- Ability to send multiple files to multiple people. A lot of these file transfer systems dont have that ability, so its a great plus for a big organization.
- The upload window doesnt stay on top of the web browsers. It kept getting lost if another browser tab was opened.
- The system lacks ability to customize the due notifications when the upload/download is completed. The users should be able to choose if they want a sound notification or another way to be notified of large uploads/downloads that take time.
- Multiple downloads of the same name (same file)have no distinct file names automatically given by the system to distinguish between them. I think the system should prompt an error message in that instance.
- Ability to save time while uploading and downloading is a great way to quantify a positive ROI
- Less time wasted on calls to the Helpdesk to check if the file made it to the sender. The system ensures that any file uploaded successfully is shown in the dashboard.
- Dependability on the system ensures credibility with the clients and customers that their work will be delivered on time and with the great quality intact.
Initially the organization depended on services like Dropbox and Google Drive to share and store files for the graphic department as well as use their own private servers for storage. However, the speed for uploading and downloading wasn't reliable. Plus it lacked the central console for a birds eye view of the exchanges to keep track of what the users were uploading/downloading. The speed for Aspera has been unbeatable compared to other systems, plus its a very reliable, dependable system for large file to be shared in time.
Aspera Managed File Transfer is great for big organizations that require large file upload & downloads and want to maintain the integrity of the file quality. Its especially important for files with a graphic element as any degradation in the file quality can have serious consequences. Its a great system to be integrated into an already established workflow management system. The file transfer managed by Aspera maintain their quality and the speed of upload and download are both phenomenal compared to the other systems out there.