Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
The Widen Collective® is a cloud-based content hub from Widen, an Acquia Company, designed to help marketers efficiently create, manage, distribute, and analyze all forms of marketing content.
The vendor states the integrated suite of software applications will enable organizations to create impactful, measurable, and consistent brand experiences. The Collective platform spans digital asset management (DAM), brand management, marketing resource management (MRM), and product information management (PIM) solutions.
The vendor boasts Widen has enabled over one million marketers, content creators, and technologists at more than 700 global brands to connect with target audiences through digital content, with customers including Progressive, Zippo, Energizer, Trek, Zeiss, Salvation Army, Citizen Watch, Carnival Cruise Line, and others.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||5%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||70%|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Collectively organize assets
- Allow searchable access to files
- required field to keep data clean
- autocorrect search terms
- user friendly building of portals
We continue to build out how it can be helpful and see if continually improving our experience in the future. Widen has been an integral part of those conversations.
- Users will find the program to be straightforward to use. Thousands of images are easily organized because of its simple interface.
- In addition to being easy to manage users, archiving inventory files is also quite simple to do. Widen should [be used to] use, sort, and organize metadata, and then distribute alternative ways to global or private groups.
- As soon as we ran into challenges or limitations, they were quite receptive to our comments and took obvious efforts to fix some of our concerns.
- Being able to ensure that our content contributors upload assets on time might be difficult. Adoption in an organization requires a lot of work. It took us around two to three months to complete the implementation.
- Sizing in inches would be appreciated. In general, a "small" choice is very small, whereas "big" options are quite huge.
- It appears that the current version of dashboard does not make good use of available space.
- The version control in widen is amazing. Once a file is uploaded, widen creates a shareable link. This is helpful because the link always stays the same even when you make changes to the document. This helps to ensure customers always have the current version.
- Widen has metadata and tags can be used to keep assets organized. This includes who uploaded the file, the language, the type of asset, the department and many more. This makes it very easy to use filters to search for assets. My company has over 2 million assets loaded and I still find it easy to search.
- Widen's portal creation tool is also a great feature. An administrator can group assets in portals and grant access to end users. We use this feature to share brochures, sell sheets and images with our field team. They can easily view, share or download on demand.
- The search feature could be a little more exact. Sometimes I feel that I have to know the exact title of what I am looking for in order for it to appear.
- The tool is primarily for asset storage and organization. However, it does allow for the creation of portals. In creating the portals they should make it so that you can add links, documents and collections all in one.
Widen may not be needed for very small organizations will little assets or just document only sharing.
- Everything in one place saves time going to different locations for different file types
- Variety of download options and file types, including high res and original versions
- Access to information as soon as it is made available to ensure the the most up-to-date content
- Download compression takes a while
- Request content to be added
- Uploading photos, including accessible metadata.
- Versioning image files, including access to previous versions.
- Ability to create collections of assets.
- Search filters are redundant or hard to stack.
- Image previews are clunky and unhelpful.
- Can't search two things at once — if you search "cars" in one tab, then "birds" in a second tab, the first tab will start showing you birds when you continue to scroll.
- The search function is fantastic. It saves me time when looking for the information I need at the moment.
- All of Widen Collective's features are intuitive and need little training for the user to utilize. It is possible to search our material, download it, and give it to someone outside of the company, who may then utilize it on other third-party marketing software.
- The instrument panel is easy to operate and the support personnel can answer all our inquiries fast. The loaded films have been sent from the park's department of technical assistance and the chat feature answers them.
- You need to order your exports for a few minutes. Theoretically, this isn't a big problem, but it may be a significant nuisance for those who want to go swiftly.
- In order to display additional details such as metadata / adapter / description, I'd want to improve and refresh the gallery function.
- Metadata and tagging - being able to customize the metadata fields is extremely helpful in building the perfect digital asset management software for your team.
- User Interface - the user interface is extremely easy to navigate and Widen is continuously trying to improve the flow of the DAM.
- Support Center - Between the online knowledge base / chat and email support, there's always a quick and easy way to find an answer to a question you might have.
- Sharing - I wish there was a way to have a Dropbox-like feature where you could store a set of images momentarily and share the image set via url. Currently, you can only send image sets through email. If someone you're sharing the images with would like to also share the images, they have to figure that out on their own.
- Reminders - there could be automatic reminders that you could set if images were uploaded with metadata - something on the home page where it says "reminder: add metadata to 35 images" or just quick alerts to keep everything up to date.
- Uploading/converter - I wish there was a quick converter for uploading large images - for example, if a huge eps image is uploaded, it could suggest to convert it to a high resolution jpg, saving space in the DAM.
- Fantastic customer support
- Great on-boarding and migration
- Some desired features are hidden behind steep paywalls.
- It's expensive.