Reviews (1-2 of 2)
October 15, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Widen Collective is mainly being used in the marketing department. However, we do have other departments set up with logins and they've accessed it in the past. I'd like to have other departments become more involved and self sufficient with Widen. Widen Collective enables us to store massive amounts of photos and documents and add metadata to the assets to be able to quickly and easily search and find.
- Metadata and tagging - being able to customize the metadata fields is extremely helpful in building the perfect digital asset management software for your team.
- User Interface - the user interface is extremely easy to navigate and Widen is continuously trying to improve the flow of the DAM.
- Support Center - Between the online knowledge base / chat and email support, there's always a quick and easy way to find an answer to a question you might have.
- Sharing - I wish there was a way to have a Dropbox-like feature where you could store a set of images momentarily and share the image set via url. Currently, you can only send image sets through email. If someone you're sharing the images with would like to also share the images, they have to figure that out on their own.
- Reminders - there could be automatic reminders that you could set if images were uploaded with metadata - something on the home page where it says "reminder: add metadata to 35 images" or just quick alerts to keep everything up to date.
- Uploading/converter - I wish there was a quick converter for uploading large images - for example, if a huge eps image is uploaded, it could suggest to convert it to a high resolution jpg, saving space in the DAM.
Read this authenticated review
I think the Widen Collective is well suited for businesses of any size. It can be used for photos or documents, and since the metadata fields can easily be customized to fit your business, it's extremely flexible to fit your needs. I think Widen Collective is less appropriate where the business does not have a lot of images or documents quite yet - that scenario would be putting the cart before the horse - it would be hard to set up the correct metadata fields before you know how you'll be searching for them in the future.
Widen is used as an institutional-level asset database and delivery system for our entire college campus. It provides a one-stop-shop location for branding and visual assets for the entire campus community. It also allows the marketing and creative team to ensure the most up-to-date and relevant assets are available to users.
Read this authenticated review
Widen Collective is well suited to teams who are constantly churning material. Also good for teams that have many storage needs as storage prices are nearly at cost with AWS. Widen Collective customer service is remarkable, and it's great for teams who don't have the bandwidth to also support users. The system is highly customizable to any team's needs. Lots of expansion capabilities.
Widen Collective Scorecard Summary
About Widen Collective
Widen Collective Integrations
Widen Collective Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Upfront licensing fee and implementation and on going subscription
Widen Collective Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||45%|
Widen Collective Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Widen Collective Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|