ShareFile is a cloud-based file sharing and storage service built for business. The product was acquired by Citrix Systems in 2011.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/TN/vP/5TQO52I22X9V.JPEGCitrix ShareFile...Simplifying file transfer and controlWe are an AS9100 company that must conform to the NIST 800-171 and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement Clause 252.204-7012 due to doing business with the US Government. Citrix ShareFile is being used by our organization to securely transfer engineering data from our engineers, project managers and estimators to our vendors and customers. Due to the potentially sensitive nature of CUI (Controlled Unclassified Information), it is required for us to safeguard the information and know where it has been and where it went.,First and foremost, it is simple to use. Within minutes of our purchase of ShareFile, we were up and running with our first user and client. Second, there are multiple ways to use and take advantage of ShareFile. There is a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook, a desktop app as well as Sync. All options are easily implemented and simple to navigate. Third, When thinking about simplicity and making it as seamless as possible for your end users, you can also set up ShareFile as a Drive Map that allows your users to take advantage of the Windows file system without dealing with synchronization of account content. There are so many advantages to this product, however, I feel that the simplicity and functionality are the main advantages. Citrix ShareFile tech support is amazing and they really (if you need help) answer all question extremely fast.,In my experience with Citrix ShareFile, I have not found any significant CONs to report. Many people may have Drobox and other products...I would say that these products are not an apples-to-apples comparison. There are significantly different pricing structures between products, some of them being a little on the pricey side if you are a small business. I have heard of a few people having issues with browser compatibility, however, I have not. We have about 20 users that are using IE11 as well as Edge w/ Windows 10 Pro and we haven't experienced any issues at all. The only function/feature I would like to see improved is the audit reporting and logs. You have to go to each folder/individual to obtain the activity log/report and to me that is cumbersome. I would like to see a centralized audit log generation tool that categorizes the users and the folders and provides details needed.,10,POSITIVE IMPACT: Considering the process we were using prior to ShareFile (FTP and WinZip), our ROI was almost immediate. ShareFile took the complexity out of the process and gave us control and audits over our file collaboration functions. POSITIVE IMPACT: We all know that a happy user is soo much better than an unhappy one. I have approximately 20 users at this time and they have provided nothing but POSITIVE remarks about how simple and fast it is to use. POSITIVE IMPACT: Centralized management as an IT Manager is paramount. ShareFile is easy to manage and deploy to end users. I would say it's as close to effortless as it can possibly be.,,Veritas Backup Exec, VIPRE, Wireshark, Aerohive Wireless,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Third-party Reviews,I wouldn't change a thing...I am very methodical in my process of evaluating products. First, I discuss my requirements and needs to the vendors sales team. Second I request a deep dive into the product over a phone call and live demo. If I am satisfied with the outcome and comfortable with the support team, I will then be open to discus pricing.,Deployment to end users and clients End User friendly, easy to invite new clients to transfer files to / from End user training is a breeze with the Tutorials provided on End User Dashboard. Integration Apps are readily available to end users and simple to install and use,Audit functions are not available from the main screen of dashboard, you must dig a bit. Other than that, I can't find anything cumbersome or difficult when utilizing Citrix ShareFile.,Yes, but I don't use it,10CitrixShareFile: Love It, but not the Price!I use it to request files like bank statements, etc. I also use it to send files and photos to clients. I am a small corp. and have only 1 employee. So it is used by the whole organization. I have also been using it for estimates, engagement letters and tax forms I need signed in conjunction with e-signature.,Sharing of documents with clients. They can easily access and view documents. Requesting documents from clients. My clients find it easy to upload their documents.,Would like to see the price lower. I would also like to see a clearer help section with how to's for easier use in our office. Have indefinite storage times on all documents. I have unlimited data storage, so there shouldn't be any drop off dates on documents sent to me or to my clients in the form of requests.,8,It has allowed me to share and request files that on other apps in the past didn't quite work. It has been much more user friendly for my clients. It allows larger files to be sent by e-mail as an attachment link to the Citrix ShareFile,eFileCabinet and SmartVault,eFileCabinet, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Premier, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DCShareFile for Marketing Companies - Must Have!Because we are a marketing company with multiple clients, we are constantly working with large files. These files are able to be saved on our server, but the second we leave the office the documents become inaccessible due to the server only reaching a certain distance. We use Sharefile to save the files we need when working from home or sharing within the office. The second way we use Sharefile is communicating with clients. Because most of our design files are so large, they are not able to be sent via email as an attachment. ShareFile allows us to send the files to the clients with little to no issues. The only issue that sometimes comes up with Sharefile is when the clients don't exactly understand how to use the site. But, in my experience, that is a rare situation and it usually warrants a call to them on our end to explain how to open the file.,Saving files in folders for the team in addition to an in-house server Sending large files to clients instead of through Outlook Having the option to hide certain team members from certain folders,Option to send just a PDF document via email through ShareFile - is this even possible? Option to add "temporary" clients and only pay when you send them a document? Pay as you go kind of thing.,9,ShareFile has allowed us to more efficiently share large files with our clients. If we did not have this system we would have to break down files into multiple attachments, which could affect the quality of the final product, thus affecting client relationships. ShareFile has not negatively effected our ROI by any means. Its price is fair, and we are much better off with it than without it.,Harvest, QuickBooks Online, SlackShareFile works great for our nonprofit property management company!Citrix ShareFile is relatively new to us. We are using it to share files with partners and vendors outside our agency as well as to begin the process of digitizing tenant files (we're a property management company and nonprofit). Sharefile helps us to share large files with people as well as organize our existing files.,Set up templates for your folders so every folder has the same structure. Work with project management software (such as Podio) to automate some organizational tasks. Communicate with outside vendors and share large files with people that shouldn't be emailed due to size or confidentiality.,There's a bit of a learning curve getting Sharefile templates and user profiles set up, but once you're set up it is very user-friendly. We haven't been clear on what "ShareConnect" is and so we haven't been using it. The desktop app for Sharefile has less functionality than the browser version, and it caused some confusion initially. Again, we just don't use the desktop app.,9,ShareFile saves time and helps us stay organized. ShareFile helps us keep confidential files confidential. ShareFile makes it easy to work remotely.,internal server and paper files,GlobiFlow for Podio, Podio, Microsoft Office 365, BloomerangShareFile works greatWe use Sharefile to send confidential documents more securely then email. We have sensitive data that needs to be protected when emailed. It helps us solve issues with security as well as customer confidence in us to protect their data. It also helps insure that the right party receives the intended email and we can know when they open it.,They have a very easy integrated plug in on outlook that makes it very easy to use along with an Outlook account It can hold larger files, so there isn't a size issue with sending files confidence in who is opening the documents,It can be hard to disable the plug in on outlook if you don't want to use it. Because it's a secured document, the recipient has to log in or create a login which can slow down their work flow,9,It has given our clients confidence in our ability to handle their sensitive data. It provides a more professional feel for your clients Ability to accomplish tasks in a more efficient manner,RightSignature, AMS360, Adobe Acrobat DC
Citrix ShareFile

Citrix ShareFile Reviews

Citrix ShareFile
Filter 93 vetted Citrix ShareFile reviews and ratings
July 09, 2018

Review: "Citrix ShareFile...Simplifying file transfer and control"

• First and foremost, it is simple to use. Within minutes of our purchase of ShareFile, we were up and running with our first user and client.
  • Second, there are multiple ways to use and take advantage of ShareFile. There is a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook, a desktop app as well as Sync. All options are easily implemented and simple to navigate.
  • Third, When thinking about simplicity and making it as seamless as possible for your end users, you can also set up ShareFile as a Drive Map that allows your users to take advantage of the Windows file system without dealing with synchronization of account content.
  • There are so many advantages to this product, however, I feel that the simplicity and functionality are the main advantages. Citrix ShareFile tech support is amazing and they really (if you need help) answer all question extremely fast.
  • In my experience with Citrix ShareFile, I have not found any significant CONs to report. Many people may have Drobox and other products...I would say that these products are not an apples-to-apples comparison. There are significantly different pricing structures between products, some of them being a little on the pricey side if you are a small business.
  • I have heard of a few people having issues with browser compatibility, however, I have not. We have about 20 users that are using IE11 as well as Edge w/ Windows 10 Pro and we haven't experienced any issues at all.
  • The only function/feature I would like to see improved is the audit reporting and logs. You have to go to each folder/individual to obtain the activity log/report and to me that is cumbersome. I would like to see a centralized audit log generation tool that categorizes the users and the folders and provides details needed.
Well suited for people that need to transfer large files between people or businesses. We were using FTP & password (AES256) encrypted Zip files to transfer data, which is fine for an every now and then function but was becoming a hindrance to productivity. The communication between sender and recipient was slowing down the process of delivering and receiving the content due to providing the decryption password etc...With ShareFile, you simply set up the recipient as a client and they get a welcome email to create the account for seamless transfers.

I can't think of any reason where it wouldn't be appropriate to use ShareFile other than it may be cost prohibitive for small businesses. My company found it very affordable when compared to other larger products in the industry. One of the great aspects of ShareFile is that you can add unlimited Clients as you only have to pay for per Employee use.
Read Joe Spradlin's full review
August 30, 2018

Citrix ShareFile Review: "CitrixShareFile: Love It, but not the Price!"

• Sharing of documents with clients. They can easily access and view documents.
  • Requesting documents from clients. My clients find it easy to upload their documents.
  • Would like to see the price lower.
  • I would also like to see a clearer help section with how to's for easier use in our office.
  • Have indefinite storage times on all documents. I have unlimited data storage, so there shouldn't be any drop off dates on documents sent to me or to my clients in the form of requests.
I have used Citrix ShareFile for two years and it has worked well. However I have another app that I have been using on my desktop, that I just switched to in cloud version. It will allow me to do what Citirx ShareFile does, and more, for about 60% less. That is a huge savings for me.
Read Rebecca Neilson's full review
December 06, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "ShareFile for Marketing Companies - Must Have!"

• Saving files in folders for the team in addition to an in-house server
  • Sending large files to clients instead of through Outlook
  • Having the option to hide certain team members from certain folders
  • Option to send just a PDF document via email through ShareFile - is this even possible?
  • Option to add "temporary" clients and only pay when you send them a document? Pay as you go kind of thing.
ShareFile is absolutely needed for a company that uses large file documents. Microsoft Office will limit the size of the documents being sent, and when you work in a marketing company where design files are being sent that are frequently going to be hitting that limit, Sharefile is necessary. ShareFile is less suited for those companies that have a cloud server where documents can be accessed anywhere at anytime. Also, if you are a company that is rarely sharing large files with each other or clients, this is not really needed.
Read Samantha Stender's full review
January 16, 2018

Citrix ShareFile Review: "ShareFile works great for our nonprofit property management company!"

• Set up templates for your folders so every folder has the same structure.
  • Work with project management software (such as Podio) to automate some organizational tasks.
  • Communicate with outside vendors and share large files with people that shouldn't be emailed due to size or confidentiality.
  • There's a bit of a learning curve getting Sharefile templates and user profiles set up, but once you're set up it is very user-friendly.
  • We haven't been clear on what "ShareConnect" is and so we haven't been using it.
  • The desktop app for Sharefile has less functionality than the browser version, and it caused some confusion initially. Again, we just don't use the desktop app.
ShareFile is great for setting up files that need to be set up in the same way every time, i.e. tenant files, client files, etc. The templates make it easy for several staff members to use the system in exactly the same way. ShareFile is also great for sharing large or multiple files with vendors or outside partners. We've also used ShareFile to accept applications that require a large number of supporting documents by using the integration with Podio webforms and GlobiFlow automations.
Read Kim Westermann's full review
December 07, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "ShareFile works great"

• They have a very easy integrated plug in on outlook that makes it very easy to use along with an Outlook account
  • It can hold larger files, so there isn't a size issue with sending files
  • confidence in who is opening the documents
  • It can be hard to disable the plug in on outlook if you don't want to use it.
  • Because it's a secured document, the recipient has to log in or create a login which can slow down their work flow
Citrix Sharefile is helpful in sending both sensitive data and large data across email platforms. It's a way to also confirm the receipt of the file along with the correct recipient. It's helpful in any industry in which data may be sensitive and vulnerable to cyber theft. Most small businesses would qualify.
Read Andy Denlinger's full review
February 21, 2018

"Boring Review - Citrix Sharefile"

We utilize Citrix Sharefile by either uploading or download important, confidential or super large files from our vendors, consultants, legal teams, internal teams (across geographic and lines of businesses). It serves as a secure way of downloading/uploading information and addresses this specific business need (versus emailing PDFs which may not fit, sending our CDs which takes time, or sending print outs the old fashion way).

• User interface - setting up log-in is not hard
  • Email alerts for tracking purposes
  • Download is seemless
  • Naming convention (a lot of the files I download just states File.zip which is generic)
  • Single log-in function
  • Easier drag and drop of file functions
Specific scenarios where Citrix Sharefile is well suited: I would say that the best scenarios are when you have large Adobe PDF files that you can't easily email out because of file size, or annual compliance documents that is confidential. The ease of use (assuming no internal firewall) allows items to be downloaded pretty quickly.

Less Appropriate: Obviously, wet signature folks.
December 05, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "Securely send and receive files via the Cloud!"

We use Sharefile to send and receive files securely. We use it across the whole organization. It solves the problem of having to password protect each document we send. This is an easy way to ensure that files are viewed by who they were intended to be viewed by.
  • Easy to share a link via e mail
  • Like that it expires so no one can accidentally stumble upon the documents
  • Easy to use for our clients
  • The link does expire, so sometimes we have to send documents multiple times
  • I would like there to be more customizable features when receiving shared documents
  • Sometimes clients have difficulty if you are not familiar with the software
This is great software for firms that need to send files securely over e-mail or other means of communication. As an administrator of the software, it is easy to manage all users of the program and ensure their files are viewed and saved or printed. This is really for documents that need to be shared with high confidentiality.
March 24, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "Solid alternative to the "big guns" in the cloud storage market."

We moved away from a previous cloud based project management service which caused us to regularly run into permissions issues and storage limits. We found the ability to send files to someone who doesn't have a Citrix account to be very easy and the unlimited storage tier is a much needed option. We struggled before with adding someone else to the project late in the process, but now we can easily give permission to a file or whole folder as needed. The Outlook plugin is also a game-changer for us, which I'll speak of in the Pros.
  • The Outlook plugin for Sharefile is the most useful feature they offer. The ability to automatically convert files that are too big for normal email into Sharefile links is extremely useful.
  • Along the lines of the Outlook plugin, but important enough for it's own "bullet point", is the ability to request files from others that may not have a cloud storage or "FTP" site solution yet. We just require a First & Last name, and email, so that we can track who downloads & when, and they don't need to set up any account or remember a password.
  • The user interface in the web browser and on the Android/iOS apps are very clean, smooth, and intuitive to use.
  • Right now it's lacking some minor customization options that I would expect from this type of product. The banner and URL links that embed in emails could use some extra customization like company logos or other unique features to let the recipient know the links are really us, because we've gotten comments that it looks like a virus link to some people.
  • The Dashboard screen has many shortcuts and buttons, but they are all fixed and unchangeable. Some of the features are a little buried in sub-menus, that could easily be pulled out.
It's great if you're new to "cloud storage" and/or aren't totally locked in to another ecosystem, such as Microsoft Office 365 or Google G Suite which have their own cloud storage solutions. Sharefile does have plugins to help ease that gap between the two companies, but it's not ideal. We use Office 365 for the typical programs, such as Word & Outlook, but decided not to use OneDrive, since ShareFile seemed to actually have more features in their Outlook plugin and the ease of adding/removing users within files and folders.

If you're already heavily using Google Drive with G Suite, there's no real benefits to switching, as that has a pretty well-rounded feature set at the moment.
Read Chris Cromer's full review
March 30, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "Citrix All the Way!"

We currently use sharefile within our department to send and share documents in a secure fashion. It is used as a department within parks and recreation, but I believe the entire organization that I work for uses this program. Sometimes it shuts down randomly or won't send files as quickly as we need them to be sent.
  • Clean looking
  • Excellent support
  • Error loading
  • Restricted viewing
  • Slow sending
It is well suited for internal sending and within the organization. That's where I use it mostly. It is harder to use with outside sources and you have to both have this program to get the best use out of it. At least that is what I was told before.
March 13, 2017

User Review: "Citrix Sharefile Rocks!"

We use ShareFile to store and share all of our documents as we strive to be a completely paperless office. Everyone in our company uses it to store all of our documents as well as copies of our clients' source documents and we also use it to share and receive documents from our clients. My remote employees can access it anywhere they have internet access and we know that no matter who is working on something they can always access anything they need.
  • Secure storage of our files while still having them easily accessible is the number one reason we use ShareFile - we can set passwords for access, share links via email and easily transfer information back and forth to our clients without worrying about unauthorized access. It's taken a lot of the worry out of being remote and paperless.
  • Being able to quickly access everything is also important and ShareFile makes this easy as well. If you're working at a desktop computer in the office there are several sync tools that you can use to sync the files between the computer and the web app so that you don't even always have to log into a browser to access a file - it's right there on your computer for you and any changes you make or anything you add/delete/move will sync right back up to the web app so everything is always up to date.
  • We use the Drive Mapper extensively for syncing our computers and the web app and occasionally it will somehow "lose" the connection and when you open a folder it will be empty. But if you go to the web app the files are there - restarting the drive mapper will bring them back. This is literally the only issue we've had with ShareFile at all so if they could fix this I wouldn't have any Cons at all.
When I purchased ShareFile I was told that is was specifically created with the accounting industry in mind. I don't know if that's true or not, but it certainly is a great fit for us. We have a LOT of documents and using ShareFile helps us to stay organized without having paper take over the entire office and it also gives us peace of mind that our information is safe and secure and that we're not going to lose it all of we have computer issues here in the office. The fact that our remote employees can also access everything from anywhere also makes it wonderful for any industry where people need to access files on the go.
Read Lauri Paxton's full review
March 03, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "ShareFile is a great value for small business"

Our entire organization uses ShareFile. It allows us to securely share, backup, store, and otherwise protect our client information. It works seamlessly without much effort on our part after the initial setup. There is very little downtime and out client like the interface and modern look of the program. Overall, we are very happy.
  • Automatic Sync of local files to the cloud.
  • RightSignature integration is invaluable.
  • Price to value ratio is very high.
  • There has been some limited downtime.
  • More control over user management.
  • The RightSignature integration seems more limited now than in past. The process has to originate in RightSignature, where we used to be able to start in Sharefile.
Good for anyone who needs automatic sync, outlook integration, a client portal, website integration, and many of the other features. If not on the unlimited plan, overage charges for data can get high. We are an accounting firm, so I am not sure if it is applicable to anyone covered by HIPPA laws.
Read Christopher Martin's full review
March 14, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "ShareFile was and still IS the answer to the Enterprise Dropbox problem."

Sharefile is mostly used by the two largest departments in our company...Preconstruction and Operations. We use it in lieu of running/hosting an FTP site. Its main purpose in context is to host files we would like to share and collaborate with people outside our organization. The Precon department uses it to host files for bids and if we win the job the Sharefile site moves to the Op's department to share files for the rest of the project. It solves the issue of trying to share large files outside of our company. We also use Sharefile's Enterprise capability of making internal based files available to our remote employees in a mobile app from Sharefile.
  • Sharefile is very good at making [our site] appear as an old fashioned FTP site to our non-technical contractors and customers who just want to be able to download files with no technical knowledge needed. This helps keep down support calls from outside the company.
  • Sharefile also has a great Outlook Plugin, which we do not use anymore as we standardized our email platform elsewhere, that allows your internal users the ability of sending any file size up to 2GB. It is seamless and does not require user knowledge.
  • For those companies that host files on-premise but want to "cloudify" them and make them available anywhere via a mobile app, Sharefile's enterprise grade capability works well for us. We have several drive letters that all users in the company can see and I can now make those available to anyone whether on or off premise.
  • Although their FTP like sharing capabilities are good, the ability to set up a site for many to share, there is a limit on how much granular config you can do on it. I would like to see them expand that to more capability.
  • I would like to see them have the capability to save the attachments from the Sharefile plugin sends longer. As it is they expire and one cannot go back a year and see what actual file they sent.
  • Their tech support has gone under the umbrella of Citrix's main support line so it takes too long and too much hassle to get to an actual Sharefile support person.
Sharefile is best suited for companies that already leverage CItrix or have no specific ties to any remote access type products. However, if a company is completely standardized on another product such as being a 100% VMWARE shop, that company may receive less benefit though even in that case Sharefile could be made to work pretty well despite the lack of continuity with the base products.
Read Jeffrey Rudacille's full review
March 08, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "ShareFile - Effective/Secure document management - in the office and on the go"

I manage a real estate team for a large independent real estate brokerage. I use Citrix sharefile predominantly to store and send our contracts/other documents to the main office and to my team members. I also use it to send sensitive documents to parties when the situation calls for it, like our CPA for example. It allows me to transmit the documents which many times have large file sizes without touching the storage capacity of my Google account.
  • Unlimited storage.
  • Easy to use for most of our tasks, the graphics are appeasing.
  • Allows us to send documents securely.
  • Allows us to send documents with large file sizes much easier.
  • Doesn't impact our email storage capacity.
  • The phone app works very well! I use it a LOT.
  • Isn't very compatible with Microsoft Edge.
  • Cost.
  • Would like to be able to better track what was sent/received in their system. Or make it easier to determine that.
Well suited for the banking and real estate industry where sensitive data needs to be shared/sent. Especially large file sizes and lots of documents. Might not be as good for a casual use business or creative arts. Probably not cost effective there at all.
Read Tip Iuliucci's full review
March 06, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "What is great about ShareFile"

We use ShareFile to send and receive large files from clients and other law firms. We are able to serve productions of documents no matter how large through email without clogging up our mailboxes with large file attachments. Likewise we can send clients a link and they can easily transfer electronic files to us allowing access much faster than any other method.
  • Easily transfers large files through email.
  • Tracks and notifies about who is downloading the files you have sent out.
  • Makes it easy for the recipient of a ShareFile link to download the files being sent.
  • Cannot think of anything.
ShareFile is well suited for use in transferring large files, as well as providing encrypted security during the transfer of those files keeping the data secure. It is less needed when only attaching one or two small files to an email, however if those files are confidential, using ShareFile is absolutely appropriate for keeping the data secure.
Read Heather Roberson's full review
March 02, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "Cloud file sharing that still works - but still has its head in the clouds."

We primarily use ShareFile for sending large file attachments via Outlook (Windows). We are also using it as a storage tool for housing files for organization prior to ingesting them into Nuxeo (DAM), allowing both clients and users access to files for organization and management. ShareFile is also used to secure distribute sales and marketing materials to our remote devices (iOS) for offsite presentation purposes.
  • Integrates with MS Outlook (Windows) fairly seamlessly
  • Web and iOS remote access
  • Desktop client that doesn't require full "synch" to desktop like other cloud storage solutions
  • Lack of Mac OS mail client integration (Mac Mail or MS Outlook)
  • Inconsistent desktop synching
  • Lack of ability to add internal company "clients", requires full user license for those even needing read-only file access
  • PDF view in iOS can't display documents in single-page format or at full screen with no visible controls. It scrolls through entire document, and has a menu bar constantly present.
  • Cost - per user, all of the cloud storage solutions are more than using a full Office 365 w/One Drive solution.
ShareFile works great as a tool to send files as links, but if there is a request for a name/email when downloading, it does no verification of these emails and it creates "clients" of each one. We end up with inane client names and non-existent emails, so I have to weed through the clients on a consistent basis.

Read Ron Penne's full review
February 28, 2017

User Review: "Citrix ShareFile for the win!"

Currently, it's being used to store and organize client documents and databases. It allows clients 24/7 access to files we've built/generated for them. It's being used by multiple departments. It solves the problem of manually reaching out to clients each time an updated file has been uploaded, the platform will notify [them] on our behalf.
  • Customized notifications and alerts, negates the need to reach out directly
  • Organization/ease of access of files
  • 24/7 access inside our organization and externally for clients/vendors
  • Based on my usage of the platform I have not see any areas that need to be improved
Well suited for sharing files, client portal system, need for 24/7 on the go access. Wouldn't be appropriate for a user that doesn't have the need to share, manage and update files on an ongoing basis.
Read Tyler Funderburke's full review
February 27, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "ShareFile is the small business solution for file storage."

Our entire company uses Sharefile to save our job files, transfer large files quickly within our organization, and provide access to files to our clients through a secure portal.
  • Sharefile helps share large files. Clients can upload files directly to Sharefile that I can access, I can share files with other people with a copy-and-paste link or send to a user directly in the Sharefile interface.
  • Sharefile has options for small teams that can grow. The pricing is very fair for the value.
  • The smartphone and tablet apps help users to check on files from anywhere, preview files, or send files to clients while on the go.
  • The desktop application on Windows is subpar. I usually opt to use the web interface to interact with Sharefile.
  • The Sync tool makes it difficult to see which files are on your computer only vs. Sharefile. Occasionally files and folders can accidentally be deleted by a novice user and then customer support has to get involved to fix it.
  • Live, collaborative editing from the software could be much better. It uses Office 365 and is not streamlined or simple to use.
If you have a team spread out across locations, or need to save or share large files in a safe, easy to use web application, this is the software for you. Additionally, you can brand it with your custom logo or brand colors, which allows clients to come to your Sharefile, recognize your brand, and provide smooth transition from your website to your Sharefile portal.
Read Maxwell Erwin's full review
February 27, 2017

User Review: "Citrix Sharefile for RIAs"

Currently we use Citrix Sharefile across all five of our branches including all of our advisors and staff. Sharefile solves both cloud storage and document sharing for our organization. It has become instrumental in the daily activities of our firm and all users. We also use many of the Sharefile apps including the Outlook plug in, Sharefile Sync, and the Sharefile mobile apps for Apple and Android devices.
  • Cloud Storage.
  • Integration with multiple operating systems, devices, and programs.
  • Sharefile apps are extremely user friendly and provide opportunity for any level tech user to utilize.
  • I believe Sharefile could be much more widely used in the financial services industry if it were approved for use by FINRA.
Sharefile is well suited for RIAs who are looking for a well designed and easy to use cloud storage system that can be integrated with multiple systems and devices. We have integrated Sharefile with Outlook, Windows, our mobile devices, as well as our CRM, Redtail. Sharefile is not as well suited for firms that have many broker dealer documents and must conform with FINRA requirements.
Read Devin Kile's full review
February 27, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "Great for CPA Office"

We decided to go paperless. When we made that decision, we knew that we needed a program that was easy to use and we could give access to our clients to their files and we could trust. When we found ShareFile we knew that we found the right program for us.

It is easy to use, we can give our clients access to their file, we added RightSignature so we are able to send documents to our clients for quick signatures. In our business (CPA Firm) time is of the essence and ShareFile makes it so fast and easy.

• Easy to learn, easy to use, even the simplest user can learn it quickly and be up and running within minutes.
  • Great security, don't have to wonder if our documents are secure.
  • Would be nice if we could send documents for a signature from the desktop vs. having to log into website.
ShareFile makes storing and sharing your documents easy. From the first day, all users were up and running and easily learned how to store documents in the cloud. Even the simplest of users in our office, were able to quickly learn to use the program. We back up our main folder from our server to ShareFile and since we have no size limit, it was the perfect solution to our question.
Read Tammy Petersen's full review
February 24, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "Sharefile Downloadable Links are Easy to Use."

Our company uses sharefile mainly to send larger files that cannot be sent through an email. It is convenient for us to upload large files and be able to either save them on the sharefile site or use sharefile just to provide a link so our clients/partners can download files. Files that we send include large PDFs, AutoCAD/MicroStation drawings and zip files that contain many files.
  • Upload files with a large memory
  • User-friendly upload and download
  • Easy to send downloadable links via sharefile
  • With cloud enhancements with other software (i.e. Microsoft Office), saving files on sharefile may not be the best option.
  • Harder to retrieve deleted files that were shared through a link that has expired.
  • Integration with Microsoft Outlook not as easy.
ShareFile is well suited for sending larger files to clients or business partners. Some examples where I use sharefile are when I send large PDF plan, AutoCAD or MicroStation drawings, and zip files that can contain numerous files. Sharefile makes it easy to upload files and send downloadable links to other parties which makes it easier for them. Because of new improvements to Microsoft Office 360, we are now starting to upload files to Microsoft One Drive, so saving files to ShareFile is inconvenient for us. But ShareFile is our number one [tool] for providing downloadable links.
Read Kris Salvatera, P.E.'s full review
February 24, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "ShareFile is for Business"

My entire organization uses ShareFile to distribute files to our clients, vendors and personnel that work remotely. Sometimes we need to move large files through the Internet and ShareFile allows us to do that with several easy options. It also has security options that were needed by our accounting department.
  • Many different options on how to share your files.
  • It alerts the sender when the files were downloaded by the receiver.
  • The Outlook plugin for the PC allows our employees to send files right from their email.
  • The Dropbox style functionality requires a password to be generated by the receiver or our client. Unfortunately, it doesn't get used because of it.
  • Administration takes a bit to understand.
ShareFile is a great choice for business that want control of what data is being shared. If you are just looking for a drop dead simple way of sharing files Dropbox may be better suited for that purpose.
Read Robert Henninger's full review
March 06, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "Citrix the most user friendly"

Our company uses Citrix for all of our share file needs. We also have several vendors that utilise Citrix which we enter data for as well.
  • Easy to navigate
  • Easy access to necessary files
  • Access anywhere
  • Help center is difficult sometimes
  • Backing up data
For our company it is perfect. We have to upload reports and make them available to everyone right away. This is a user friendly way to be able to share documents through the entire company.
Read Jennifer Small's full review
February 24, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "Build Your Paperless Practice"

I use it to service my tax and accounting clients.
  • Security
  • Ease of use
  • I have no opportunities for improvement.
Perfect for servicing remote clients. saves everyone on travel time.
Read David Kalet, CPA's full review
March 03, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "Great for sharing large files."

I use Citrix Sharefile to exchange large documents with a client. I manage the shared folders and grant them access to specific folders based on their role.
  • Great at managing users and providing direct access to folders you want to share.
  • Files are loaded quickly and easily.
  • Easy to share individual files with people who do not have accounts.
  • It's not always clear what users see on their end. Hard to provide support as they see different screens from what you see.
  • Windows integration is a tad confusing and cumbersome.
  • Sharing folders and files sometimes does not work the way you think it would. It seems hard to give users the same level of access that you have.
Great for sharing large files with a client where you want to give them specific access to a folder.
March 02, 2017

Citrix ShareFile Review: "Great for easy, basic use."

Across the whole organization.

All working and final documents (client and internal) are warehoused there.

It addresses the need to share information and have multiple people access it.

• Great for sending links to documents - prevents including confidential information in email attachments. For example benefits forms to suppliers.
  • Easy security role definition and folder taxonomy.
  • Regular updates to improve functionality and speed.
  • Left-side menu is half-a-step higher (removed) from the main window.
  • Persistence of headers - they scroll up as one scrolls down.
  • Ability to see thumbnails instead of mere file names and extensions. Especially with photos and graphics - you need to download all to view and select.

Great for sending links to files.

Fast uploads make it easy to work with - on an occasional basis.

Not great for finding things that you are unsure of - you need to know the exact file you want.

Versioning (23)
Video files (19)
Audio files (19)
Document collaboration (28)
Access control (27)
File search (26)
Device sync (24)
User and role management (27)
File organization (28)