Overall Satisfaction with Avalara
We are using Avalara's AvaTax in our ERP system (GP) and on our web presence. It is used by multiple departments. We are also using the CertCapture for handling non-taxable entities. Avalara's tools for integrating their software with our platforms has been quite good.
- Implementation - we sell a wide range of products, so getting items set up was a big deal.
- Supports our ERP system.
- Allows us to to track entities and certificates with CertCapture.
- Without Avalara, our accounting department would have to be bigger.
- While tax calculation is a must, their is a time cost when we must query Avalara's system for the tax information. During parts of the day, especially EOD can be slow, relatively.
- Their growth sometimes has exceeded their systems for a period. They do scale quickly.
- The ability to stay up to date with the myriad of taxing locals saves a great deal.
- Avalara's experience in getting a new user up to speed and set up is substantially faster than trying to do it yourself. And beyond faster, it will be more correct, causing less issues to solve down the road.
- ERP: GP 2015R2, GP 2018R2/R3
- Web Presence: BigCommerce
The integrations our well documented and our ERP and Web were well supported by Avalara.
Usability for order entry and taxing is straight forward. Back end operations are also quite good as well.
We use CertCapture to manage tax exemptions. This does a very good job on regulatory, filing and up front ERP integrations for customers who are Tax Exempt.
Given the complexities of dealing with Taxes, Nexus, documentation, and regulatory/legal compliance, if you are not working with a partner like Avalara, it is going to substantially affect your margin by forcing you to have a bigger professional workforce to meet these demands. With Avalara you can budget and forecast with greater accuracy then trying to do it yourself.