Basecamp: "Just a lowly Project Manager review of BC."https://www.trustradius.com/project-managementBasecampUnspecified7.97671012014-02-14T20:23:13.190Z
Overall Satisfaction with Basecamp
We use Basecamp to manage the project design and manufacturing through our internal process on all projects. Basecamp facilitates communication and scheduling of tasks between the various internal entities. We also use it to manage the communication and internal troubleshooting of our after project service team.
- Scheduling of milestones and task tracking
- Simplicity of design....provides little need for advanced training to users who are less computer savvy
- Project template rollout.... generic template setup is easy and intuitive.
- File storage is not good. integration with a dropbox or cloud based server with managed access to files would be very nice. See google drive
- Files should have modernized #tagging for filing.... ie multiple tags to each file, such as #shipping doc #invoice #change order etc etc BC currently limits one file category to each file
- Only designated users should have the ability to shift milestone dates. Currently anyone can manipulate to suit a whim.
- Increased internal efficiency
- Greater internal accountability for individual process.
- Negative- increased time necessary for record keeping of the individual