Overall Satisfaction with Basecamp
I use Basecamp to connect with donors, members, and others especially leading up to a meeting or event. A couple of us use this in our department. It allows us to easily communicate updates for events, meetings and to market our events easily to groups. We are able to quickly share information and have a discussion about our upcoming meetings. It is a great way to create buzz about focus groups and other donor and member opportunities.
- Unlimited users and projects. It's great for multiple purposes and it allows you to receive a free two month trial without providing a credit card and it gives you access to every tool and feature unlike many other softwares.
- User friendly. It's a simple design and you don't need to worry about losing information as it auto saves everything. You are able to retrieve any deleted files for about a month. The mobile apps are great and Basecamp allows you to make a to do list.
- Customer support is efficient even though they don't provide the level of support other software does, they are quick to respond to emails and questions.
- It's great at allowing you to have a detailed discussion with a group, advertise an upcoming event and easily provide updates. They send email communications when there is an update in a group you are in however you could filter and opt out of this feature.
- Unable to customize your interface. You are unable to insert a logo or change features like color schemes.
- It's limited in features. It's great for task management and communication. There needs to be more reporting and budgeting.
- To do items are unable to be set to recurring, i wish there were more in depth features for customization. There's a lack of a traditional calendar view.
- It's a cost effective solution to connect with users and create an engaged environment about our meetings, events, and donor engagements.
- It has had a positive effect on our ability to communicate with others in a timely fashion while allowing us to easily view our different meeting groups and conversations.
- We are able to fully market our upcoming events and provide updates easily.
- Teamwork and Asana
Basecamp is better than alternatives like TeamWork and Asana. There are many software that are similar however the interface for me is better in Basecamp. It's user-friendly and it's a clean and simple way to communicate with groups and manage projects. It's cheaper than other alternatives as well.
It's great for basic communication and data sharing needs with a group for meetings and events. On your home screen you are easily able to view your projects and teams you are a part of. It isn't great for more advanced needs such as a calendar, customization and other advanced features.