BigCommerce = BigProfits
February 01, 2017
BigCommerce = BigProfits
C-Level Executive in MarketingTextiles Company, 1-10 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BigCommerce
We are a two man show - so we both use BigCommerce to process orders on our website and via phone orders. As far as what business problems BigCommerce solves...I guess being able to take orders and maintaining order status for customers...It's also great to receive email updates for each order so we know when we got an order.
- I LOVE that the customer support is available 24/7.
- The Dashboard is well organized and easy to navigate.
- There's quite a few apps and integrations with BigCommerce that are helpful, such as QuickBooks and email marketing platforms.
- I feel that the Blogging portal on the back office could be updated to include more features and customization.
- I would like to see integration with SendLane email marketing platform.
- The discount and product options could be upgraded. For example I want someone to be able to add specific products to their cart and get a discount for the quantity of the product even if there are several different color options.
- Online Store
- Online Marketplaces (e.g. Amazon, eBay)
- Social Media (e.g. Facebook, Pinterest)
We use to use MailChimp and it integrated well with BigCommerce - however, we recently switched to SendLane and there is NOT an integration as of yet. We use Zendesk for our customer support and ticket system which integrates really well. We have also integrated our Facebook shop with BigCommerce which hasn't gotten any sales but it's a cool feature!
- I love that we've been able to easily add new products to our catalog...the duplicate feature is also helpful for creating similar but different products.
- It's pretty easy to add customizations to our site which has allowed us to convert visitors or leads and then be able to follow up with them.
- If you just have a little bit of HTML and CSS skills you can do a lot of customization to your site - to make it really feel the way you want to.
- The Abandon Cart feature has been really nice as we've received thousands of dollars in sales that would have been lost otherwise.
I've also used Shopify, and a few other e-commerce platforms. What I like about BigCommerce is that they have great support. Even though the price went up recently from $29/month to $79/month - I feel that because our business has grown it's totally worth it to stay with them. They don't charge you per transaction like some other platforms.
[It's well suited] for companies that already have an e-commerce site and want to move their website and platform to BigCommerce from a less beneficial platform. If someone is just getting started with e-commerce they may want to go with a less expensive option to get the hang of it and get their sales up enough to afford the investment.
BigCommerce Feature Ratings
Product catalog & listings
Bulk product upload
Abandoned cart recovery
Checkout user experience
Promotions & discounts