Overall Satisfaction with BigCommerce
Big Commerce is our web site platform. We rely on it to help us operate efficiently (selling, inventory management, shipping, social media integration, amazon integration, etc). We have seen a simplification of our efforts because of the bundled capabilities.
- Smooth integration with Quickbooks.
- Offers direct inventory connections with social media and Amazon.
- Handles the shipping functions of both domestic and international orders.
- As a pro user, we do not have "sandbox" capability which is very challenging in terms of making changes without having to do it while being "live".
- For our business, It's hard to deal with making changes within our template. Requires fairly high-level programming knowledge and expense.
- Amazon integration has been a real pain, which may have more to do with Amazon than BigCommerce.
- Allowed us to streamline operations (inventory management and shipping).
- Allowed us to easily create promotions with specific time ranges, discounts, etc which increased our sales capabilities through expanded marketing efforts.
- Allowed us to eliminate multiple efforts by merging our Amazon sales.
It's easy to use and the help aspect of BC is quite good so I can see these as beneficial to scalability.
BigCommerce was like a rocket ship whereas our other web products were more like mini bikes.
BigCommerce allows us to get orders, process multiple payment forms and ship conveniently. We can also do a myriad of marketing functions conveniently. We have found it pretty straightforward to add new products with big challenges. Big Commerce also helped us easily turn our social media efforts into opportunities to sell our products and find new customers.