Blackbaud eTapestry Challenges
September 08, 2022

Blackbaud eTapestry Challenges

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud eTapestry

We use Blackbaud eTapestry as our primary database for the fundraising and development office. We track donors, volunteers, and other data. I have used many CRM databases. I have been using Blackbaud eTapestry for a few months and have received my Fundamentals certification. I have also completed the training on reports and queries. I use the software every day, almost all day. The training was very useful. The software can do some key reports. The query and reporting process is cumbersome and complicated, beyond a doubt. It goes around in a circle, and there is difficulty in getting the outcome of a report without a lot of trial and error. Otherwise, it will eventually perform. However, getting there involves a lot of exporting and a strong knowledge of Excel.

Pros

• Tracking donations
  • Tracking donors
  • TY Tax receipt letters

Cons

• Tracking credit card transactions
  • Reprinting credit card transactions
  • Reporting
  • Queries
  • Database management
  • Reports
  • Donor tracking
  • Volunteer tracking
Raiser's Edge, Donor Perfect, HubSpot
I did not select Blackbaud eTapestry. It was here when I started the job.
HubSpot is quite robust but with a different emphasis
Donor Perfect is far more intuitive than Blackbaud eTapestry or Raiser's Edge

Do you think Blackbaud eTapestry delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Blackbaud eTapestry's feature set?

Did Blackbaud eTapestry live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Blackbaud eTapestry go as expected?

Would you buy Blackbaud eTapestry again?

If you want to put data into Blackbaud eTapestry, that is fine. If you want to get the data out, good luck. In my experience, it is very particular and cumbersome in the query reporting process, which is complicated. I realize the data retrieved is only as good as the data entered but does it have to be like splitting the atom every time you want to gather specific information for a custom report?

Comments