Overall Satisfaction with BlueHornet
We currently use BlueHornet to serve as our primary ESP. It helps address deliverability challenges we face day by day with a solid backbone of tools, customer support and API functionality. It allows our company to engage our most active users by sub-segmentation, based on behavioral and psychographic information stored within the BlueHornet database.
- API functionality, alongside reporting, is unparalleled in an environment where you may not have IT support to build out tools.
- The user interface is easy to understand, allowing users to have control over the creative delivery for MIME, HTML, text and mobile ads.
- It allows deliverability experts to throttle deliveries by selecting mailing domain and IP pairs, granting access to stats on these individual paired delivery tools.
- It would be nice to see the API's functionality introduced into the web client.
- The reporting tools for transactional messages is different than the rest of the system. This promotes difficulty with getting accurate reporting in the web client, outside of an API call.
- The custom fields are different for transactional messages, which introduces times when human error may flub the fields because they aren't contiguous throughout the product.
- It drives many of the leads we generate to our own forms and our affiliate forms.
- The customer service support is excellent, with weekly calls between our account rep and delivery manager.
- The pricing model is very aggressive, compared to other ESP solutions.
- Message Systems,Strongmail,Green Arrow,Expert Sender,Robomail,Topica,WhatCounts,Email Chimp,Constant Contact,Silverpop
Simply put, BlueHornet's all in one, out of the box solution, cannot be rivaled. Taking the business acumen passed down from their parent company Digital River, they've managed to tie several business units together that lends support across each to build a stronger model. This reflects in the design and implementation of their ESP.
The pricing is aggressive, the support backbone is solid and it remains a steady driver of our leads in-house.
BlueHornet is an "all in one" solution for a business where they have a large database of users, but need a solid backbone for delivery and custom creative support. While companies like Message Systems allows a company to customize their solution, BlueHornet is ready to use out of the box.