Overall Satisfaction with BMC FootPrints
We use BMC FootPrints for all of our internal tickets, from Human Resources to Sales to Corp IT to our external customer Support. One of the things I like most about it is the flexibility, and the way it can be customized for any of a wide variety of uses, like what we have deployed. Moving mis-routed tickets is a snap with everything in the same system
- Flexibility - while a robust program 'out of the box' the way it can be adapted for almost any deployment is great.
- Reporting - we have the ability to agent's time in tickets and can also report against customers on the same basis.
- Views - there is a view for almost any agent preference, including across work spaces. We have agents who work in many projects, and can allow them to see what is up at a glance.
- BMC Footprints has some lacking problems - one thing that frustrates our techs is the lack of ability to bulk link tickets. We have our monitoring system sending alerts into our Support project, and when there are 100+ issues that come from a major outage, it's time consuming to link them all individually.
- The built in reports on the Executive Flashboard are not subject to customization, which is a problem for some of the reporting that our managers would like to see at a glance.
- Not having visibility to email headers for incoming messages is very frustrating for an email based support system.
- Not supporting HTML is silly in 2014.
- We have had an increase in efficiency now that we have the time tracking active. We are much better able to track employee activity.
- Our sales department has a workspace set up to field incoming sales inquiry emails. It makes it much easier to see who has sent in something, and also see who is working what leads.
- Our customer service has gotten better since we have started assigning issues for follow up. We also have an escalation in place to alert management for a large number of incoming issues, or an issue that has gone over 60 minutes without a response.
We already had Footprints deployed when I started, and we have not done any evaluation in the last seven years.
It's well suited for a smaller organization, but to be fair, we are not currently running all the available modules. Smaller in this case, being 50-75 internal users and 12,000 active customers. We may well be able to better leverage Footprints once we acquire the other modules that are out there from BMC.
Using BMC FootPrints
50 - We use it for everything from End User support to internal CorpIT issue tracking, HR, Sales Orders, Cancels and Billing. Everyone in our organization uses FootPrints in one way or another, and we're very happy with the product as we have it in place. We just started a customer portal beta, and that has been getting rave reviews.
The online demonstration we saw for BMC Footprints 12, which includes the mobile module, a single page view for multiple projects, and a graphical upgrade which allows for visual workflow reporting, is what we want to move towards.
BMC FootPrints Implementation
BMC FootPrints Support
The only time that I am unable to get resolution is for issues that are unsupported, like when we are looking for email headers or HTML support in incoming mail.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - We have premium support included in our contract, and it is well worth the money. If I do not call on Monday, there is no wait at all.
We had an issue with a migration from Footprints 9 to Footprints 11 and we got great support at 3 AM Eastern Time. The issue was resolved in an insanely quick manner.