Overall Satisfaction with Bomgar Remote Support Software
Supporting clients is always a challenging task, especially when you are supporting individuals, that are outside your organization. In my area of IT that is what we do every day, supporting users that are outside of our organization. Our budget is limited and our personnel resources are stretched thin just like most IT support groups. We had been using one of Bomgar’s competitors but the licensing was putting excessive strain on our budget and they the only thing the competitor was offering was extra fees for services that we would lose if we did not pay them. So I came across Bomgar and was able to demo their product. It fit my needs and budget perfectly. I was able to easily provide an ROI and get Bomgar integrated in quickly. Now Bomgar is not only my team’s primary remote access tool, other departments within my company have purchased licenses so that they too can benefit from this great resource. Bomgar has easily replaced my old remote support tool and helped not only save my budget but others within my company as well.
- The ability to transfer files within the Bomgar application has been key to our success.
- Creating "canned scripts" allows us to run rather lengthy powershell scripts with ease.
- We using our recorded sessions for training purposes as well as working with our vendors.
- Some clients will have UAC enabled on their PC's and the black out screen seems unnecessary, the remote user should not be blocked, but rather allowed to click the okay on the notification. Bomgar is the only remote application I have used that does this and it is frustrating.
- We had been using one of Bomgar's competitors but the licensing was putting excessive strain on our budget and they the only thing the competitor was offering was extra fees for services that we would lose if we did not pay them. So I came across Bomgar and was able to demo their product. It fit my needs and budget perfectly. I was able to easily provide an ROI and get Bomgar integrated in quickly.
LogMeIn is a nice product, but their licensing costs have been way too high. You have to pay for individual licenses and they do not offer a concurrent user license. Now if you also want to install a remote agent so that the remote system may be accessed at anytime it is free with the Bomgar system. LogMeIn requires a monthly charge and the price may go higher if you want to add some of the features (e.g. file transfer) that are free with Bomgar. We saved over $20K our in our second year budget by moving to Bomgar from LogMeIn, and gained functionality.
At my company we started using Bomgar with the express intent that it would only be used for supporting our remote clients. That being said, after our internal teams used it they quickly wanted to convert over to it from the internal system they were using. I really believe Bomgar is one our company's greatest finds.