Overall Satisfaction with Brightpearl
It definitely is a good idea to pay for expert advice during implementation.
We use Brightpearl to aggregate our sales from multiple internet channels into a single point and then forward on to a fulfilment company. To achieve this we therefore use Brightpearl to manage our inventory and consequently for all purchases and deliveries of stock. We also use Brightpearl to manage all our accounting functions. Therefore we use it for all business functions.
- Real-time inventory updates across multiple internet sales channels is the core of what was required and what it does.
- Allowing access to the same data to different functions that have different functional requirements. For example the fulfilment company has different requirements to the purchasing function yet must work from the same raw data.
- Real time accounting is a great comfort when margins are very tight.
- Support information is very good. Individual queries are handled well. Incidents are visible online in realtime via status pages.
- Reporting is limited, too many times I need to download to Excel data though at least I can do that. There may be some add-ons available but they seem very expensive for a small company.
- The search screen sometimes responds when you press enter and sometime requires you to click on the filter button specifically. All the filter screens should take action when enter is pressed (small point but it is my gripe).
- Automated processing of Amazon returns would save us a lot of time.
- Ability to engage a fulfilment company became feasible.
- Speed of processing allows later cutoff allowing quicker delivery to customer.