Overall Satisfaction with Brightpearl
As BP was just a startup when we got involved, the CEO, Chris, and other staff helped us with the process. As I said, we had to make a few simple tweaks to our processes. It still worries me that as BP is a SaaS supplier we do not have the ability to back up our BP data.
Brightpearl replaced a set of spreadsheets on the company server, and a part time employee. We have used it for many years to input orders (we call them projects), process those orders - payment, build, shipping, invoicing. About 2 years ago, we started using the full suite of BP's accounting functions, - P&L, balance sheet, aged debtors, and creditors, VAT returns and end of year processing. We are now totally reliant on BP!
- Project processing - we hardly had to change our own internal systems when we started using BP.
- Because I am also an angel investor in many technology startups, I also use Xero, Kashflow, Clearbooks and I find that project processing is handled best by BP.
- BP has an eCommerce ability which we do not use, so I can't comment on that.
- The accounting functionality is not as polished as dedicated packages such as Xero, but then BP does not claim to be.
- Editing custom forms is a bit clunky.
- As I said, we saved probably £2K-£3K per year in employee costs.
- We handle quotations, RMA returns and customer service outside BP.
- We do not use BP as an eCommerce shop, hence leads are generated by ourselves.
As I said, i also use Xero, Kashflow, Clearbooks and Freeagent on a regular basis as a non-executive director of several companies. We looked at those plus Sage One when we decided to move accounts from an offline Sage package to something online. Xero was the front runner, but would have meant changes to our workflow, which we were not willing to do.
I suspect eCommerce companies will find the most benefit of Brightpearl (BP). Camdata (developing, manufacturing and trading of electronic sub-systems) finds it an essential part of our business, which although small, is reliant on business processes (like anyone else) and BP saved us thousands of pounds per year on implementation.