Overall Satisfaction with Buffer
I work on a small video production team and we use Buffer to manage and schedule our social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. We schedule 2 to 4 posts a week with Buffer. Before using Buffer we would post straight to each platform, which took a lot of time and coordination.
- Post scheduling is easy, whether you're doing weeks or days ahead.
- Buffer makes it easy to post across multiple social platforms but tailor each one for where it's going, saving a lot of time.
- Buffer tries hard to stay up with current social platforms and trends by updating and adding new platforms pretty often.
- Price can be high for small business, especially if you don't use it a lot.
- Not everything can be done through Buffer. Several platforms (Instagram, Twitter) have limitations on what exactly you can post through Buffer and sometimes you still end up having to go to the post on the platform and edit to add tags or actually hit post on the draft it gives you. It still speeds it up over having to go to each platform separately, but just learning the quirks can take time.
3 - Advertising, Sales, Management.
- Buffer has saved us time and made it easier to be more socially active.
- Being able to schedule posts has freed up more time for the day to day project tasks that pile up.
For people who have more than two social accounts and post regularly but don't have a lot of time, Buffer can save a lot of it.