Buffer Reviews

Whitney Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 21, 2020

Buffer is great for a small Social Media team

Users and Roles

2 - We have a small Marketing team of two individuals, myself and my co-worker. I am a copywriter who, among other job duties in other areas, sees writing captions for social media and finding stories that are worth sharing on our social accounts. My co-worker is on the visual side of things and does our photography, videography, and graphic design for our social media as well as for other areas.
Read Whitney Knight's full review
Frankie Heath | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Use Buffer! It's Sweet!

Users and Roles

2 - The department that solely uses Buffer is the marketing and communications department at our university. This is the department that I am in alongside my co-worker. I function as the main content creator (video, photo, graphics) and my colleague is our writer. We both use buffer to plan ahead on social media so that we are able to create a tailor the story that we are trying to portray to our audience.
Read Frankie Heath's full review
Andrew Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

For bulk posting across multiple social profiles, very effective.

Users and Roles

3 - We have three users on Buffer. All are either running social for our own business or for clients. We do not get into the analytics too much as provided by Buffer so we cannot comment on that but it helps us be more efficient with our planning and posting for ourselves and clients.
Read Andrew Knight's full review
Collin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Stop wasting time and Buffer your business.

Users and Roles

3 - We have 3 people that overlook the Buffer and social accounts. One person simply inputs links to our portfolio, linking to our case studies. Another person fills in between those posts, creating new content, quotes, reblogging other people's posts. The last person is the analyst, who studies trends and recommends changes.
Read Collin Berg's full review
Heather Robinette, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Buffer is Perfect for SMBs

Users and Roles

1 - In my experience, it has always been the Marketing Department. This is the only department that deals with social media and sharing content. In smaller companies, this means there are typically only one to a handful of people that would use Buffer. I haven't used it in conjunction with someone else, but I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to manage as a team.
Read Heather Robinette, MBA's full review
Ben Caplan | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2020

An excellent tool for any business/individual who uses social media

Users and Roles

1 - Currently, as a small business, only one person is using Buffer, myself. I am in charge of social media for our office and posting on our social media platforms. I manage the content, the posting schedule, and reporting on the success of those posts. I also manage our campaigns and email marketing.
Read Ben Caplan's full review
Brian Spatz | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

Buffer, the only social media scheduler you'll ever need

Users and Roles

4 - While working within a church (or any non-profit organization), you often have various departments with their own social media accounts to help keep their audience informed of upcoming events, resources, and reminders. The various users within our staff, help oversee the various social media accounts across multiple departments. Everyone who uses Buffer in our organization are paid staff.
Read Brian Spatz's full review
January 16, 2020

Best for Individuals

Users and Roles

1 - I am the only employee in my business so I am the only one who used Buffer. If I had to put a function on my role, I would say I am the owner and marketing director.
Alicia Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 25, 2019

Buffs Out Posting Problems

Users and Roles

20 - They represent customer service, education, student life, and admissions. We engage varied stakeholders, including students, parents, alumni, prospective students, and the campus community. Because Buffer works with all our social media accounts, we can still appropriately tailor and schedule our posts within a cohesive communication strategy. We represent different work styles-work from home, traditional office hours, non-traditional settings-yet all find it helpful.
Read Alicia Meyer's full review
Michelle Green Arnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Your social strategy can buff up with Buffer

Users and Roles

1 - I manage marketing and communications for all admin and program areas in our organization. I use our social media channels primarily to share program updates, special events, grant awards, and employment and volunteer opportunities with our existing supporters and their friends and followers. Buffer makes this pretty simple and quick to do.
Read Michelle Green Arnson's full review
Susan Hammiche | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

All in one place social media publishing tool

Users and Roles

2 - One would be the marketing manager who approves posts that have been scheduled and prepared for the advertising efforts every week. The other one would be the designer who creates the ads and posts, schedules them in Buffer and reviews how they performed to know what worked and what doesn't so posts can be improved.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Stephen Steinberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 17, 2019

Buffer Is A Great Choice For Social Media Management With A Lean Team

Users and Roles

1 - We give our entire team access to Buffer in some capacity because if used correctly, you can deduce a lot of information from it. It can be used or seen as market research, sales analysis, customer feedback, etc. It's all about how you use it, and you can get creative there.
Read Stephen Steinberg's full review

Content planning and scheduling (46)
Content optimization (42)
Workflow management (37)
Campaign success analytics (43)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (35)
Mobile access (43)

About Buffer

According to the vendor, Buffer is an intuitive streamlined social media management platform trusted by brands, businesses, agencies, and individuals to help drive meaningful engagement and results on social media. The company has a suite of products for publishing, engagement, analytics, and team collaboration. Products are carefully considered and highly refined in order to help social media marketers and teams work more efficiently and effectively.

Buffer is a team of real people, aligned in common values. Being a Buffer customer should feel like you have a whole team of people cheering for you. We want to see you succeed on social!

Buffer Features

Publishing Features

Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management

Reporting/analytics Features

Has featureCampaign success analytics

Account management Features

Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access
Has featureIntegration with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+
Has featureCustomization of messages for each social media platform
Has featureSuggested media from content that would be shared
Has featureInstagram grid preview
Has featureAbility to pause social media schedule and publishing
Has featureList or calendar view of scheduled social media posts
Has featureEmail notifications of successful posts, failed posts, and empty queue
Has featureBrowser extensions to share from anywhere across the web
Has featureContent Inbox of RSS feeds
Has featureInstagram direct scheduling

Buffer Screenshots

Buffer Integrations

Salesformics, UpContent, Zapier, IFTTT, Followerwonk, CoSchedule, Mention, Rival IQ, Feedly, Pocket, Bulk Buffer, Quuu

Buffer Competitors

Buffer Pricing

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes

Here are the prices of our various plans: Pro: $15/month Small Business: $99/month Medium Business: $199/month Large Business: $399/month Enterprise: Feel free to get in touch with us at onboarding@buffer.com. All plans can be paid on either a monthly or yearly basis. If you choose to pay yearly, you would receive a 15% discount, which works out to be approximately two months free per year.

Buffer Customer Size Distribution