Great DAM system!
January 10, 2019
Great DAM system!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Bynder Brand Portal
We use Bynder across our entire organization, mostly for communications and marketing staff worldwide, but it also extends to our program staff in the US and our in-country staff abroad. Before Bynder, we housed all our digital assets (photographs, video files, interview transcripts, logos, etc.) in folders on our server. You’d have to drill down many levels to find the photo you needed—and only because you knew it was there. We had no ability to search, to filter or to share albums with our colleagues. Whenever we wanted to share an image, we sent it over email—and often received an auto-response saying “this exceeds the file size limit.” To share several images, we would copy and paste the images into a new folder—which meant duplicate images everywhere. Similarly, other files like interview transcripts, logos, and design files were all over the place—some saved together in one folder, others with our designers, others in our personal folders. Bynder has been a game changer—we are now able to search through our photographs and share collections with colleagues or outside graphic designers like we could never do before.
- Search -- as part of the implementation process, you set up your own individual organization's filters and tags. When your portal goes live, you can use the smart search tool to find your assets within seconds based on those filter categories and keywords anywhere within the file (name, metadata, etc.).
- Share -- Bynder's Collections tool is an easy and simple way to share one or multiple images with coworkers - even if they don't have a Bynder account.
- Analytics -- Bynder recently launched an in-depth analytics tool so you can see how your assets are being shared/downloaded/viewed. It's great!
- Bynder regularly adds or upgrades their system's functionality. The analytics tool is relatively new for them, so I imagine they'll be adding many more elements to that dashboard.
- While we don't track exact metrics around our digital assets, I can confidently say that Bynder has cut down on time significantly for our communications team. We no longer spend 20-30 minutes searching for photos or selecting photos for our colleagues -- now we go straight to Bynder to find it, and our colleagues can do the same.
We use Bynder's Brand Portal every single day. It's great to use with external graphic designers, with colleagues around the world, and with our team in the office. It has really been a game changer for us. I can't imagine a scenario where Bynder wouldn't be helpful when it comes to our digital assets.