Overall Satisfaction with Celonis
The main focus is currently on increasing transparency in various areas. In addition, it serves as a uniform working tool for various topics. One of the goals is to shift the focus from knowledge generation in the business to the use of this knowledge. Topics that have been arising again and again for a long time and have not yet been solved can also be effectively addressed with Celonis.
- Intuitive use of the analyses.
- Quick visualization of large data files.
- Easy set-up and expansion of analyses.
- Training system --> in 2 years I had to introduce users to 3 different environments. I felt the first one was the most accessible for new users. For me, it was a big step backward as the courses are rarely done since the change. I have to show absolute basics to users.
- The logics in the much-advertised apps are [in my experience] mostly very bad --> almost without exception they give a first overview, but on closer inspection, the analyses are not correct, as they are very basic.
- In the analyses, you are sometimes too limited as a developer. Also, some logics do not work in all elements.
- So far, the costs outweigh the benefits. In our company, we have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to bi-applications and evaluations. That's why celonis has to be used again and again, which often keeps the team away from the actual topic.
All in all, Celonis offers a comprehensive service package. The customizability of the analyses at user level is comparatively low compared to other tools. In some cases, individual elements are severely restricted --> [I believe that] basics such as stacking columns in multiple dimensions simply don't work, etc. The layout is very appealing to me. The signals are easy to set up and expand, so I'd rather see the strengths here.
It has significantly increased transparency on various topics. Unresolved issues can also be addressed through data analysis. Implementation can be facilitated through the action engine.
Do you think Celonis delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Celonis's feature set?
Did Celonis live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Celonis go as expected?
Would you buy Celonis again?
It depends very much. Celonis is a good tool, I have no doubt about that. In the core topic of process-mining, it weakens at certain points compared to other providers, which I find weird. Also, many new topics are advertised as new core competencies, where [in my opinion] it is immediately obvious at first glance that the company is massively overreaching itself and actually has no clue. This makes me doubt its credibility from time to time. Basically, I am satisfied, but I would also be with other tools. The price can be a hurdle for smaller companies.