Robust System But Poor Customer Support
Updated October 22, 2019
Robust System But Poor Customer Support
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
We utilize Ceridian’s Dayforce HCM platform for workforce management, payroll, and time and attendance. We’re currently slated to implement the Performance Management, Recruiting, and Onboarding modules in the next two months. This will allow us to move to a paperless system and a single platform to house the majority of our HR data. All employees within 3 legal entities currently utilize the Dayforce system.
- Dayforce is robust and has a lot of functionality, once you understand all its capabilities. This allows us to make more informed and data-driven decisions.
- The user interface is relatively user-friendly and intuitive. Our employees find it easy to navigate, requiring less help on tactical HR needs and freeing up that time for more strategic needs.
- All of the data is housed in a single platform, which makes analyzing the data in new and more informative ways easier.
- The customer support is lacking. If needs are highly urgent, then the customer support will respond timely. Other needs that are reported aren’t responded to timely and you don’t have much support to get things addressed.
- The implementation process of their system is so difficult and cumbersome. So much of the burden of implementation falls on the customer, rather than Ceridian as I expected, and the timeline is rushed, so we were forced to go live without feeling like things were truly ready to go. Having additional communication and better implementation support, along with more time to implement, would have saved us months of headaches down the road.
- We are a mid-sized business, and Ceridian is focused on enterprise-level customers. While we’re thrilled with the functionality the system has, the support for companies our size is pretty minimal. We felt that we weren’t as important of a client.
- We’ve seen a positive ROI in our ability to move to a paperless system, including electronic approvals and workflows. Time is saved by everything being electronic and in one single system.
- Our payroll department also more efficient in our ability to process payroll and reduce the number of human errors. We’ve saved hours every week because of the increased electronic efficiency in payroll processing.
- Employees are also more efficient in their timekeeping. We previously used a punch clock on a paper timesheet, then inputted the data manually into our time and attendance system. By utilizing the time clock, the employees’ time goes directly into Dayforce and saves both time and possibility of human error by not requiring this second step.
Our organization requires compliance with EEO and OFCCP, and the included reports in Dayforce help us ensure we are compliant with these regulations. The automated tax withholding and reporting has also reduced possibility of human error and ensured that we are compliant with these as well. Rather than requiring these compliance needs to be done manually, they can be automated through Dayforce.
With all data housed in one system, we’re able to better utilize this data to make informed business decisions. We can better see where the people needs are within the organization and focus our efforts on these, rather than simply guessing and hoping we’re addressing the right concerns. For example, by having all the compensation data housed along with performance data, employee demographic data, and other critical components, we can analyze where compensation disparities lie and if they are a result of discrimination. It allows us to get ahead of any issues and do right by our employees.
It’s been very helpful to our organization to have all over our HR components housed in one application, rather than piecemeal in various other systems. Those separate systems sometimes break the communication bridge that binds the two and disables our ability to do our job efficiently. This single application helps us to ensure all data is available to us at all times. It also assists us to be most efficient in that we don’t have to reenter data in various applications.
Ceridian as a company and Dayforce as a system is focused primarily on large and enterprise-sized customers. The customer support and focus seems to be great if you fit that box, but not if you don’t, Ceridian doesn’t appear to care as much about your success on their platform. Those smaller companies might be better served to find another HCM provider.