Chrome River EXPENSE Rocks!
September 30, 2020
Chrome River EXPENSE Rocks!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Chrome River EXPENSE
We use Chrome River EXPENSE across our organization. It helped to streamline the way we process our expenses. It took us from a manual, paper process to full automation. No more worries about retrieving the correct approvals or wondering when AP received an expense report for processing. I love CR Mercury which allows our users the capability to use mobile and tablet devices.
- Automated approvals--once the routing rules are added to CR there's no worry if the expense will route to the appropriate individual for approval.
- Budget verification--this relieves the manual process of verifying if someone is within their budget. If they are within their budget, the expense will flow through the process seamlessly. If they have depleted their budget funds the expense report can be set to route to a particular manager in their department for further review and approval.
- Analytics--I like all the available reports Chrome River has available to check the company spend.
- Integration--The integration with other software programs is impeccable. Our credit card program and the supplier we use to pay our foreign suppliers both work seamlessly with Chrome River.
- I would like to see Chrome River provide different sorting options for the Expense reports. I would like our AP auditors to have the capability to sort expenses according to the submission date.
- It would be nice to have the routing rule for each approver on the first screen next to the approver's name when you select tracks.
- Chrome River EXPENSE alleviated our manual process, which in turn increased the time our staff now have to work on other projects.
- It has made it simple to provide a detailed spend analysis within a few minutes of the request.
The approval routing process is pretty tedious. I would like to see that process become more simplified. Since you will not be making changes continuously, it is a little time consuming trying to remember how certain processes are done. However, I am happy that they now have many videos and tutorials available to help with most of these.
I give Chrome River a 9 rating because I really like the program; however, being the administrator I work a lot on setting up the routing rules and that is my least favorite piece of the program. It can be very time consuming working with CR Support to set up the routing correctly. Other than that, all the other functions of the program are really good. I must also mention that they are always making modifications and adding new features that we can and will actually use.
I rated the support for Chrome River EXPENSE an 8 because it does take an extensive amount of time for the support team to correctly set up the routing rules. There are times when the support team member may not have as much knowledge about the software and provide incorrect information. We have since joined Emburse and have a designated ESA which has improved the response time of our tickets; however, that came with additional cost.