Incredibly easy to implementhttps://www.trustradius.com/customer-successChurnZeroUnspecified9.1771012018-10-29T20:46:11.431Z
October 29, 2018
Incredibly easy to implement
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with ChurnZero
As the manager of the Customer Experience org I look to ChurnZero to help me see a holistic view of the health of my accounts. I slice this information by company size, renewal date, contract value, etc. Our Customer Success Managers use ChurnZero to help them prioritize their proactive account outreach and quickly spot any spikes (up or down) in usage. Our Customer Marketing team uses ChurnZero for communications (both automated and manual). And finally, our onboarding people use ChurnZero to track the "Journey" through onboarding for all of our customers and measure whether we're falling behind anywhere.
- The ChurnScore is very valuable and I like that it's easy to configure. We've made a few tweaks to it and it's become quite accurate at predicting potential churn.
- Onboarding was smooth and easy and quite quick. We were using it within about 3 weeks.
- Our customer success manager at ChurnZero has been very proactive with us in helping us use the product in deeper ways.
- I really like the way Segments work - they're like sophisticated filters that help me home in on very specific groups of customers.
- The reporting could be more customizable and flexible. The current method of selecting columns to display in a report is a bit clunky and I can't always combine two angles to the data in the way that I want to.
- I wish I didn't have to log in every time - I think it would be nice for the product to remember me, even if it's just for a 24 hour period.
- At first I feel like we only used ChurnZero as a reporting tool and we didn't take enough action on the data we were seeing. However, we've gotten stronger at relying on the information (the alerts, the score, the trends in usage) to take pre-emptive actions. It has helped us pay more attention to (and take action on) the "quiet" accounts - those accounts that don't clamor for our attention and we get lulled into thinking everything is okay. Often it's easy in the land of customer success to focus on the red or green accounts and forget about those yellow accounts in the middle - this helps us stay focused on moving those yellow accounts which is essential to our growth.
When I first bought ChurnZero I thought that maybe it was only well-suited to companies that have a small-ish number of customers (say, under 300) but now that I've been using it for a year I don't agree with that assessment. I think it can handle scale well and I don't see us outgrowing it. If you only have one or two CSMs then it's probably not needed, but once you start trying to manage a team of CSMs and measure the health of their accounts, this tool becomes essential.