ChurnZero was everything we needed to increase retention rates and reduce churn!https://www.trustradius.com/customer-successChurnZeroUnspecified9.1771012019-10-08T01:59:11.108Z
October 07, 2019
ChurnZero was everything we needed to increase retention rates and reduce churn!
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with ChurnZero
Currently, Churn Zero was implemented for the client success department only. We realized we needed to strongly focus on the retention of our client base, which led to looking at customer support platforms. We felt Churn Zero was the only tool that allowed us to tailor it to our exact needs and I feel very strongly it will lead to much better retention rates. It also allows us to be proactive in a reactive job and target/segment our client base based on their unique needs/wants.
- Via our online portal that our client base uses, we can send direct messages, pop-ups and even NPS surveys directly to their online account. This is extremely important because this is where our clients are logging in so we can tell them important things like "we have a new release, watch this video" or "do not lose access to your data, your renewal is right around the corner so email me". I feel like we're communicating with our clients in a way we could never do before.
- It allows you to create segments. For example, I could create a segment of clients that are up for their renewal who have low usage. When a client enters that segment it can then alert me. Or even better, it can automatically send out an email and log activity to our CRM to follow up in a week. This 1 example will help us reach out to clients when they stop using the tool and/or find out why they did.
- It integrates with all our systems: Salesforce, Zendesk, Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, webinars, etc.
- Support is amazing!
- It's a very advanced system so the onboarding is pretty extensive. It is not an "out of the box" tool so you need to expect that going into it. However, we are not a one size fits all company, so I like that it was tailored to us and built based on our unique tool/client base.
- It definitely has a learning curve. Using it the tool will be the hardest part for your team so motivating them to use it is key. I recommend using their help center, it has so many awesome 'how-to' articles that are really helpful.
- The Churn Score is tough to set up and at first, I was really overwhelmed at this point. However, our rep explained it as it takes a while to figure out what makes your client churn.
- Since we have used Churn Zero for just under 1 year, it's hard to measure this. I honestly believe it will be in the 2nd year that we can expect to see what the return is. However, I know for the first time ever I'm being proactive with our clients, which feels pretty darn awesome.
- Just looking at and analyzing our client usage is already making a difference. I can see when a client dips, trends, and/or when I should be reaching out. I also like that it allows us to analyze what aspects of our online tool are used most - perhaps we could remove things or pay more attention to others during training.
- I love the automation. It is already saving time and time is money, so I see a big return on this. We have a small team and we need all the resources we can get. The worst thing to be in client success is reactive.
It literally offered everything we needed: client satisfaction scores, automation, in-app announcements, integration with all our in-house systems and usage analytics. Plus, the integration is so good I find that the Churn Zero platform is the only place I need to log in now. I like being able to see everything along our client's journey and then seeing what's working and what isn't. I have a feeling once we get more plays and journey's implemented, we'll be increasing retention by a lot. For us, if a client isn't using our tool, they won't renew so tracking this is really important.
I think if you are looking for a tool that will specifically help with retention, this is the right tool for you. Also, it won't capture all your client history upfront so it will take time to get to a point where you are seeing everything, but this is really good for capturing and looking at the client's usage data. If you are looking for more onboarding tools and something that doesn't require any technical assistance or an "out of the box" set up, this might not be the best fit. I also think you need to capture usage data on clients in order for this to work; there was a time we wouldn't have been ready for this. I highly recommend you do your research and compare all avenues before starting anything but if reducing churn and increasing retention is what you are looking for, this is the tool for you!