ChurnZero Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

March 18, 2021
James O'Neal | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

ChurnZero has been the only customer success platform that I've personally ever used and within the 2 companies I've worked for that have implemented CZ, only the CSM team had visibility. The main source of information for everyone else was either NetSuite or Salesforce (or our product itself). In and of themselves, NetSuite and Salesforce are a great source of information for the organization, but they are severely lacking in the ability to gauge a customer's health and there is certainly no ability to determine their churn likelihood. Because of this, ChurnZero reigns supreme simply because it gives us as customer success managers the ammunition we need to be proactive with our accounts and provide them with value.
Read James O'Neal's full review
January 20, 2021
Greg Watkins | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Our management team reviewed both Gainsight and Totango, while both were very robust and feature rich, the cost and price point did not make sense for a team of our size and where we would be scaling to. It also seemed that through our conversations both of those tools would have taken a longer time to implement so the time to value was longer, which our management team did not prefer.
Read Greg Watkins's full review
January 19, 2021
Maximilian Celebi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

ChurnZero's strength in our case is the segmentation and ability to calculate customer health scores (ChurnScores). These ChurnScores can then in turn trigger automation which makes it very easy for us to spot high risk accounts.
Our other systems are great in their own way, but ChurnZero is especially useful for our Customer Success Team.
Read Maximilian Celebi's full review
February 04, 2021
Emily Traxler | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Churn Zero has a better churn score feature and is easier to navigate. Churn zero has segments and plays and much better walk through functionality as well.
Read Emily Traxler's full review
January 08, 2021
David Jensen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have never used a true Customer Success software but I researched about 10 and did a lengthy process of elimination to land on Churnzero.
Read David Jensen's full review
Klaas Schippers | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

ChurnZero has a better tech stack, but was in price comparable with ClientSuccess. We dug deep and found out that ChurnZero has more specific features that we wanted to use. One of the key differences is the great Slack application that ChurnZero offers that ClientSuccess does not have. ClientSuccess however does report on multicurrency.
Read Klaas Schippers's full review
December 02, 2020

Alternatives Considered

Tons of manual work to implement Totango. We liked that it was free but we needed to upgrade due to the amount of clients we needed, and the cost to do so was much more expensive.
March 19, 2021

Alternatives Considered

I have used Totango in the past and did not have the decision making power when choosing CZ but given the opportunity, I would have also gone with CZ. Totango certainly has a slicker look, but our onboarding process was not that smooth and some features were really weird or confusing (customer health score was an arbitrary number that the founder made up and they couldn't tell us why it was that number). I will give them credit and say they made improvements to the product rather quickly and communicated it to us.

Alternatives Considered

We selected ChurnZero as while the other platforms (not limited to those listed here, just some aren't options on TrustRadius), ChurnZero matched my concept for what I wanted to provide my team. Until I tried ChurnZero in a demo site, I was completely sold on ClientSuccess, but wishing it had a true landing page, a way for my team and I to start our days and go "here's what I need to do today." That's exactly what I saw when I signed into ChurnZero.

The user interface is detailed but not cluttered with tables and fields, the strategy is baked into the software. It's both what we needed right then, and what we needed in the future as we grow and scale our team.

Alternatives Considered

The in-app messaging based on certain segments was the key differentiator. Also, while they are growing as an organization and expanding their portfolio of customers, they are extremely receptive to product suggestions, most of our suggestions we have given them have been implemented and prioritized to the best of their ability.
September 19, 2020
Reanna Dempsey | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Gainsight is incredible too. Nothing negative to say about that tool either! However, ChurnZero had everything we needed, and they are a local company to us with a more palatable price point given our business size.
Read Reanna Dempsey's full review
September 17, 2020
tal horovits | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

While Mixpanel is great in creating flexible dashboards and generate insights that are more product focus, ChurnZero offers many tools that are more customer success related such as setting a journey, conducting plays, and seeing activities related to the sales team for better client management.
Read tal horovits's full review
September 03, 2020
Beatriz de Rosa Soares | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Another product not listed: SenseData.
They were great contestants with even more structure and functions to the platform, but it was more expensive and CZ already fulfilled our needs.
Read Beatriz de Rosa Soares's full review
April 30, 2020
Joshua Shaw | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I did a comprehensive search for a Customer Success Management platform, and ultimately, ChurnZero won out for the ability to create detailed segments, the ability to send messages to targeted groups of people, and the ability to create custom Churn Scores. It is reasonably priced and the level of customer service we receive is top-notch. It has every feature we need to keep our workflows running in a much more automated way than before.
Read Joshua Shaw's full review
April 30, 2020
Dylan Sellers | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We previously used a combination of these solutions, but maintenance was cumbersome and transferability was limited. ChurnZero replaced all solutions and others.
Read Dylan Sellers's full review
August 01, 2020

Alternatives Considered

ChurnZero is great for a team that small and growing. It is easy to learn, use, and manage. I did like the Success Plans in Gainsight, but it was so heavy. As a VP, I can quickly create reports and look at data in ChurnZero. That's what I love most about it. When I used Gainsight, I had to have my CS Ops person create a report or dashboard, which often took a day. I need to be able to have a flexible platform that allows me to try out different scenarios quickly.
July 27, 2020

Alternatives Considered

ChurnZero seems to be more economical for Gainsight, both in terms of MMR and in terms of set up costs. ChurnZero appears to be more cookie-cutter than Gainsight, which is a positive thing, unless your organization is extremely large and requires multiple layers of custom processes and interactions. If this is you, then maybe check out Gainsight.
May 08, 2020

Alternatives Considered

What made us chose ChurnZero was a mix of the below:
- Personal interaction with their sales team, with a lot of dedication and interest from both sides.
- Customization, enough to allow us to tailor everything based on our needs, but not too much either, so that we feel overwhelmed.
- Spot-on features for CSMs and team leads.
- Good price-value ratio.
January 07, 2020
Jonathon Plowman-Samson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have yet to see a similar product to ChurnZero, if only because they have cornered a specific segment of the market by building a product specifically designed to help Customer Success professionals. There hasn't been a product that has built out a similarly expansive platform that targets this subset of SaaS companies the same way (from what I've seen).
I wish I could compare it to something, but most CRMs have a sales focus instead. This truly feels one-of-a-kind.
Read Jonathon Plowman-Samson's full review

Role-based user permissions (91)
API (78)
Integration with Salesforce.com (76)
Product usage (102)
Help desk / support tickets (83)
NPS surveys (88)
Sponsor tracking (32)
Customer profiles (98)
Automated workflow (103)
Internal collaboration (81)
Customer health scoring (104)
Customer segmentation (101)
Customer health trends (98)
Engagement analytics (97)
Dashboards (102)

What is ChurnZero?

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform aims to help subscription businesses prevent customer churn. The platform integrates tightly with an organization's CRM system and their application or service. In doing so, ChurnZero (1) allows the business to understand how their customers use their product, (2) assesses customer health and likelihood to renew, and (3) gives the business the means to automate and personalize the customer experience through timely and relevant touchpoints, including in-app content. The vendor says ChurnZero customers see ROI in terms of more productive and better informed customer success managers who can provide their customers with better just-in-time service from the automated playbooks.