Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Business Edition 6000 (BE6000)
Several locations in my organization have been using a Cisco BE6000 to provide voice services locally. These appliances are very convenient to deploy for small businesses and remote locations that are not connected to a larger enterprise system. They can be a self contained solution providing multiple services all in one package.
- Flexibility of configuration
- More cost effective to deploy at small to medium size locations
- Great support
- Cost could always be lower, but you get a solid product for your investment
- Licensing can still be confusing if you need multiple products on the appliance
- Saved us from purchasing additional unnecessary WAN connections to remote sites
- Allowed quick deployment
- Well supported and utilizes applications we are already familiar with
Since our organization uses Communications Manager at other locations this was a natural choice for us as configuration and management is the same as other systems we already are using. This meant no additional training was necessary for us to deploy this solution at the remote sites where it was needed. No other competing products could match the value we got from that.
We deployed the BE6000 at some small sites that were not well connected to the rest of our enterprise network to provide local voice services. The appliance was easy to deploy and configure for the use case. We even set up SIP trunking between the remote systems and our main enterprise system.