Overall Satisfaction with Cision PR Software
The public relations department of our agency uses Cision PR Software. We've been using it for several years, and my previous agency also utilized the tool. In particular, we use it almost daily for researching media contracts and creating lists.
- Adding contacts to existing lists is quite literally as easy as the push of a button.
- The Cision PR team automatically takes care of updating contacts. Within the media industry, this is important because contacts are constantly jumping around between beats or publications.
- One feature that is difficult to use is the scrolling mechanism within the lists. This has been an issue for years, and I've never seen any improvement. If you do what is typically considered a "slow scroll" where you only click the mouse up or down once, a list shoots from the top to the bottom or vice versa. I always have to resort to using the arrow keys.
- I'm not too familiar with Cision's support team. There are also an abundance of features, which is good, but can be overwhelming, so many tools aren't utilized at the end of the day.
- The most impactful ROI that Cision has provided is securing media placement/articles for our clients. Without Cision, it would be much more difficult (or even impossible in some cases) to locate the reporter's information.