Overall Satisfaction with Crunchbase
I work in our inside sales team and we focus on mostly startups and small firms. These companies are often involved in fundraising to get off the ground. Crunchbase is an excellent resource for news about recent funding activity. I also love that alerts will come not only to my email but to my mobile device.
- Custom filters are a great way to follow companies, people or investors.
- Companies that are acquired can be filtered by the company name and or the name of the acquiring firm.
- There are many events by industry and geo and Crunchbase allows me to search by popular events that I follow.
- Crunchbase also offers the ability to save searches and to keep a list of companies that you're watching.
- Honestly I don't have any constructive suggestions. I love the product as is, I wish the "my searches" and "my list" features were included in the free version.
- I use the free version, and I don't use it heavily so the impact on my business is difficult to measure.
- This is one of many tools that I use in prospecting and researching leads or companies that I follow, and I would not want to be without it.
I don't know of other services like Crunchbase, in my mind it stands alone. Of course I could use FormDs, but it's cumbersome and doesn't provide the same level of information, so I rarely use it.