Cvent keeps me sane!
March 28, 2019
Cvent keeps me sane!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cvent Event Management
We needed a comprehensive platform that would manage RFPs for a third-party sourcing agent, transparency into budget compliance, and overall event management. Several departments utilize Cvent within the organization, but our Event team uses it daily to conduct over 80 events per year. By using Cvent, we have nearly doubled the number of events we conduct during the course of a year without adding headcount. We are more efficient as a team and are able to place valuable event information in the hands of key stakeholders by the use of auto-reporting. We are also confident in Cvent and their adherence to GDPR and privacy laws. This adds a layer of legal protection that we need.
- Request for Proposals - our third-party sourcing agent gathers the information that we provide in a Meeting Request Form so they know exactly what we need in a property. We are able to see the top properties based on our criteria in real-time through their portal. No more sending Excel sheets back and forth!
- The invitation process is streamlined, and in conjunction with dynamic reporting, offers key stakeholders the information they need. The automation of reporting and metrics is more accurate than doing it manually and is also much faster.
- Integration - we currently use the CrowdCompass mobile app which offers seamless integration with Cvent.
- Budget - all key stakeholders are able to view our budget categories for each event and at the end of the event, have access to the actual expenses.
- When setting up registration sites, the navigation is somewhat clunky. Although the new Flex registration site is better than the classic, there are still inefficiencies that need to be placed on the roadmap.
- Unable to upload documents to the registration site. We would like to post a departmental approval request for potential attendees but this is not possible.
- Entering agenda items requires manually adding each line; there should be a way to quickly upload and amend agendas.
- I can't speak to actual ROI, but as a department, we are running much more efficiently and have streamlined event planning processes across 3 business units. This saves time and money. We have nearly doubled the number of events that we manage over the past 5 years and have not added any headcount due to Cvent.
- Managing over 80 events per year, with multiple invitation lists, was incredibly difficult, inefficient, and impossible to track. Using Cvent has been crucial to know who is being invited, why they decline, why they cancel, and why they attend. The metrics are dynamic.
We needed a robust event management tool. It was important to adopt a platform that offered support in all facets of event planning, from A to Z. Beginning with the RFP process, it allowed key stakeholders to ensure that we were sourcing approved properties. The registration sites looked professional and the invitation process was straight forward, as was all of the other optional auto-generated communications. We wanted the ability to add SFDC integration at some point, and knew we needed an integrated mobile app. Cvent hit all of those points.
It might be pricey if you are only looking to do occasional meetings that are small in scope. But if you are managing events that are large and even have various tracks, this is a terrific event management tool. If you are concerned with GDPR issues when handling personal registration information, consider Cvent. They are leaders in driving privacy initiatives and take the pressure off small companies that might not have the resources to comply.