DameWare is a must for IT professionals!
July 21, 2015
DameWare is a must for IT professionals!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with DameWare Remote Support
DameWare gives me the ability to access any computer on my network right from my office. This is very advantageous for me because I have two offices I support with one being 50 miles from my regular location. With the built-in tools to manage desktops and work with administrative privileges when I need to, DameWare has become my go-to remote desktop application. I have nearly 100 end-user clients I support and the savings in time alone made the purchase of DameWare a great investment. With only two people supporting the IT aspect of our company we only purchased two licenses and we utilize it on a daily basis. The thing I like the most about DameWare is the ability to share the user's desktop and see what they are seeing which makes diagnosing issues substantially faster. I also quite like the simplicity of file transfers with DameWare, no guessing, no hunting, just drag and drop and you know right where your file is. I would recommend DameWare Mini Remote Control to anyone in the IT field.
- Desktop sharing is vital to me so I can see exactly what end users are experiencing and DameWare does this flawlessly.
- File transfers are so simple with DameWare it takes all of the guess work out transferring files so even beginners could use it with confidence.
- These are great tools that DameWare provides to strengthen my ability to get the job done right and get it done quickly.
- Perhaps popup messages that guide a user to where they need to go when sharing a session with another remote user to allow them full access as well.
- When the toolbar gets minimized it can be difficult to get it restored.
- DameWare has definitely increased my efficiency when it comes to resolving user issues.
- DameWare has given me the ability to provide better customer service to my end users because they don't have to wait for me to commute somewhere or bring their computers to me to resolve issues.
- DameWare has absolutely given us a great return on our investment in time savings alone.
I was able to observe DameWare being used by our corporate counterparts prior to purchasing and I didn't need any further convincing that it was the product for me. I have been very impressed with DameWare since day one and I will continue to use it for the foreseeable future and I will continue to recommend it to all of my associates.
The most important question to ask from my perspective is, "Do you need the ability to see exactly what the end user is seeing or experiencing in order to diagnose a problem?" This is very critical to getting things done in a timely manner especially in a time where end users seem to be much less proficient with the actual computer than they are at the individual tasks for which they are trained.
SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) Feature Ratings
Using DameWare Remote Support
49 - All aspects of IT and engineering throughout our broadcast family utilize the tools provided by DameWare Mini Remote Control. From digital video engineers to network administrators to chief engineers, this product gets a workout every day and it never fails to get the job done when time is critical to our operations.
2 - A strong background in computers and networking are needed to support this product, however they are not absolutely critical due to the ease of use of DameWare. This product has many advanced features, but it can be used by entry level IT professionals for simpler tasks just as well as it can be used by advanced users for the more advanced tasks.
- Remote desktop sharing so I can install software for end users.
- Trouble shooting of end user issues while viewing their screen to let them show me what they are doing or trying to do.
- After hours remote software updates.
- To move installation files from network repositories right to the client computer to execute faster installs.
- Sharing a session with another IT person in order to collaborate on reported issues.
- Sharing a session on a remote computer with higher level IT person in order to facilitate learning.
- To deploy new programs and software as the need may arise when unexpected changes take place.
- Making last minute changes or tweaks to existing software when integrating new policies or management practices.
This application is one of my most used tools when it comes to supporting end users and the network as well. I don't have to run all over the place to get things done when I can access multiple computers on the network at the same time to accomplish multiple tasks in a minimal amount of time.