Deputy works great to schedule at-home caregivers
November 23, 2021

Deputy works great to schedule at-home caregivers

Overall Satisfaction with Deputy

I am disabled and use Deputy to schedule and manage my team of caregivers. I generally have between 3-10 caregivers who rotate to make sure that my care needs are met. It's been such a relief to have scheduling software that ensures that everyone knows when they are working, that is easy and intuitive to use for all, that can send reminders if we want, and that easily lets people find their own replacements. Deputy makes a dramatic difference in the quality of my life and I highly recommend it.
  • Scheduling
  • Allowing employees to find their own replacements if they'll be out
  • Sending reminders
  • Communication within the team
  • COVID screening prior to leaving home in the morning
  • Integration with other apps
  • Time saved
  • My health improved
  • Consistency of care (employees make sure all shifts are covered)
It has been several years since I used it When I Work, so it's likely that they have changed since we made the switch. At the time we stopped using them because we found their leave policies were difficult to use and we were running into trouble with easily releasing and printing schedules.

Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?

Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?

Would you buy Deputy again?

Deputy is very intuitive to use. It makes it easy to copy and paste shifts, create standards, I believe that it has ways to automatically assign shifts (a feature I haven't used). I don't have to spend much time training new hires on how to use it, they can pick it up and it's ready to go.
Onboarding was a breeze, getting new hires acquainted with the app has been easy. Very little explanation is needed.
I schedule 3 months at a time and Deputy works brilliantly for easily creating and releasing quarterly schedules. We really appreciate how easy it is for employees to find replacements if they'll be out. My use and circumstance [are] so specific that I'm not sure that I can address scenarios where it is less appropriate.